Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:51 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hello,

I want to give my Argos 101 tablet to my niece and so i want to take out my account and put hers in. I have already added her account but cannot delete mine.

I go to Settings->Accounts & Sync-> Manage accounts

in the list I have my 2 accounts, Skype & Google

when i click in any of them and in the Remove Account button I get this message: 'This account is required by some applications. You can only remove it by resetting the phone to factory defaults.... . You do that in the Settings application under Privacy"

So before I do this and to avoid any UN-necessary hassle I have 2 questions for you experts:

Is there any other way to do this with out having to re-initialised the device t factory settings? I have to admit that I have tried few things like clear data from google applications and even deleted my email account from the email client but still cannot delete the account from device!

I cannot find this Settings->Privacy I guess this may be a wrong message? I found the reset options in Settings->Repair & formatting instead. Here I can see 2 possible options, Reset Android and Full reinitialization. So which one is the correct one?

Sorry if this question has already being asked and answered. I did do I search and saw a few post about re-configuring accounts but did not see anything regarding a complete change of accounts and personal data.

Thanks in advance

inmatxu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:52 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

well, not answers...

I wonder if my question is too silly?

or maybe too difficult?

will appreciate if someone give me a tip, I am sure lots of people has changed owners for the tablet

Come on pleaseeeee ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:05 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Settings->Repair & formatting>Full reinitialization

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:39 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks Julian

It is a bit of a bugger having to re-initialize the whole device just to change the accounts, is not it?

I never thought that such a simple thing as change owners will have such a complicated way.

Anyway, will get to it and let you know
:cry:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:14 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

have managed to remove my account by using Settings->Repair & formatting ->Reset Android

not need to do Full reinitialization.

Still you need to go through the motions of re-installing archtools, google play, etc.

at the moment all is going well, the only problem I found was with the video/Youtube playing!

With the Youtube application that is in the tablet I cannot play any videos, either with flash 10.x or 11.x but I have installed another youtube application from Google play store , 4.1.23, and it works perfectly using flash 11.1

I have seen quite a lot of posts about this Youtube/Flash problems so it seems that the problem can be sorted by downloading different versions of the YouTube. So it seems to me, but probably things are not that simple aren't they?

:-)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:17 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

YouTube:

The built-in app is Archos' own, and isn't an official Google app. It did work when released but subsequently Google made changes to YouTube which left the Archos in-house app broken, and which also broke the various web browsers' ability to play embedded YouTube videos, whether flash or html5. The current official YouTube app from Google works perfectly on Archos Generation 8 devices, though one earlier version was incompatible.

If you want more convenient playback of YouTube videos embedded in web pages then install official YouTube app and Opera Mini browser. In Opera Mini when you click on an embedded YouTube video it launches the video in the official YouTube app. Fortunately it ignores the broken built-in Archos app. This doesn't work with Opera Mobile, only with Mini. Opera Mini

By the way you do not need Flash installed at all for YouTube playback. YouTube these days uses HTML5 instead of Flash and the official YouTube app works fine without Flash (I know this because I don't have Flash installed).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:36 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thank you Julian, this is a very good comment as I saw lots of posts with people having problems with video playback and flash versions!

I have finished the re-set of the table and it is now configured with different account. All working: Apps, video, music, and USB port.

Though I have to say that a simple task as changing accounts should be done easier than having to reset Android…but once you are on it is not that bad.

Hasta La vista amigos