Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:44 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:24 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi,

I got my tablet on Monday, went through set up and connected to my home WiFi network. I had very slow internet connection for some of Monday night. I decided to try to install android market place, so following some instructions I found online I did an android reset.

Since this I can connect to my home WiFi network (at least the tablet says I'm connected) but if Try to use the browser I am unable to connect to any websites.

Because I'm a bit of a plum I decided to a full initialisation in case the re-set had caused the problem. Now having updated the Firmware to the version on the Archos website I still am unable to connect to the internet.

I've emailed archos and they say I may need to contact my internet provider. I still have access to the internet through my WiFi net work on my home PC and Laptop so I'm happy the internet connection is working.

HELP! Any suggestions for how to fix? I'm getting really frustrated hving spent the last two evenings fiddleing around and not getting anywhere!

Cheers

Andrew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:02 am 

Can any apps get data, or are you passing no data at all?

When the device says it's connected, what happens when you go into the WiFi settings and look at the info for that network? Is it showing a speed at all?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:08 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi Harfainx

I can't get any apps or data. In the setting menu>Wireless and networks>Wi-Fi settings it shows me as being connected to my WiFi network @ 54mbps signal strength exellent.

Having done the full initialisation I've lost all the pre-loaded apps so have no way to see if they have connectivity. But neither browser of email will load.

:? So confused....

A

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:17 am 

Hmm... Can you see the device on your network (from another system), or can you see your other systems from your G9?

Is your router configured for anything special, maybe blocking the data somehow? If it's connecting to the router, showing a full signal, it seems like the problem lies within your router.

Of course it *could* be a problem with your tablet, but it doesn't seem logical that two tablets in a row would have that exact same problem (as I don't recall seeing anyone else with this problem yet)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:20 am 
Archos User
Archos User

try this..... take your tablet to public place with free wifi..... if it connect you have to fix your router or buy new one with b, g, N. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:20 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Yea managed to connect it to an open network. Sod means I've got to fiddle with the WiFi router :?

Cheers for the help

Andrew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:52 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I am having a similar problem with internet connection. When I got my tablet in January 2012 it connected right to the internet via the router. After the last update 4.0.4 (I have a Archos 80 G9tablet) I have not been able to connect to the internet. Both laptops, my pc, and my XBOX all connect with no problem. The tablet goes through a series of obtaining IP address, saved secured with WPA2, connecting....like it is in a loop and doesn't stop.
Someone suggested that I 'drop the internet connection" and then do it again,,,but I am not sure how to do that. First time was easy with the walk through but how do you tell it to drop it?
Any advice or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:12 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

I have the same problem as the OP.

I have been using my 101 for a year. It has worked great at home, and at work.

This morning at work I was checking emails.

I did a memory reset, and then a full device format loading from a new aos file. I now cannot connect to the internet. Appslib will not connect, neither will browser.

Connection says it is connected fine and at full speed. It has an IP, and I can ping it from another computer on the network.

Any Ideas?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:38 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

how do i tell what sort of wi fi i have ie b g n

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:42 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I am having the same problem. I have had my tablet for 16 months and up until about a month ago after I did a wipe on it it connected to my internet at home, but now it won't connect at home. I take it to our library and it will connect there and I can do everything I want on the internet there. How can I fix This? :x

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:25 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

this evening on my G9 the browser stopped working downloaded a firefox browser and that was fine have finally got the standard browser working by going to applications - all -browser - clear data
lost all the saved login details and bookmarks but at least its working

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:51 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

OK ... here's another one. I did factory reset ... though of course with latest version (since it had been installed before - and working!).
Now, it "connects" with password/security and all, but it indicates no data ... except certain apps will update, and new emails get listed in index, but when selected ... NO DATA!!!!!
Of course, browsers indicate no data. This is a new twist. Somebody please help. Forcing open wifi all around it is NOT an option.