Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:20 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Green light stays on
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:31 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

The green light on my 101 stays on when the display is off, and the green light even stays on in deep sleep.

This started after the tablet crashed. I was trying to use the Sleep-as-an-Android app to record my sleep. The tablet crashed during the night and I had to press and hold the power button to shut it down. It seemed to restart normally, but now the green light stays on and it's losing about 25% of the battery per day when it's left with the display off.

In desparation I used the Settings, Repair and formatting, Full reinitialization, but the green light still stays on. If I go to Settings, Battery use, Device idle nothing shows under "Use details".

Any idea what to do next? I'm out of ideas!

The Sleep-as-an-Android disables the automatic display off, so I left it on the charger with the display on i.e. it was running all night with the display on. Still, it's hard to see how this could have caused any problems that survive a full initilization.

JR

Post subject: Re: Green light stays on
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:35 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

No-one?

I'm beginning to think it's a hardware fault as a couple of times when powering on my 101 I've had it hang at the point where the "Archos" logo becomes animated.

Is there any way to do a complete reset to factory default?

JR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:03 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

If you go into System Monitor and turn everything off, the light should turn off when you put it to sleep. Mine does that alot too, and drains alot of battery when it does it. Seems to be another firmware bug...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:45 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

When it happens to me (my replacement 101 is still on 2.3.26), I turn off WiFi manually. That generally does the trick. The only other solution I've found sofar is a reboot.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:51 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

It happens on my A70 and my fiancee's 101, even when wifi is off. A quick inspection of System tools and closing of certain programs always does the trick.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:48 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks all. I have tried closing everything but it makes no difference. I suspect there's a fault in my tablet. Oh well, the Gen 9 will be along soon :-)

JR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:26 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Check your usb host to see if it is still working. There is some issue about the green light and usb host. It has happened to mine and I am going to have to send it in for repair. There is a lot of discussion about this issue in the forum.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:05 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

USB host?

The USB port is working because I used it to copy over some files the other day. Is this what you meant?

The postings in the forum suggest that returning the tablet to archos for repair is an expensive and painful business :-( At the moment I'm just shutting it down when I've finished using it. That's a bit of a pain because it takes a while to start up again, but at least the tablet is still usable.

JR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:53 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

jhsrennie wrote:
USB host?

The USB port is working because I used it to copy over some files the other day. Is this what you meant?

The postings in the forum suggest that returning the tablet to archos for repair is an expensive and painful business :-( At the moment I'm just shutting it down when I've finished using it. That's a bit of a pain because it takes a while to start up again, but at least the tablet is still usable.

JR

Usb host is the full size usb port on your 101.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:01 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ime ignorant enough on these matters to not know if this will be any help but i will throw it in,just had the green light stay on with my 101 and it was down to the on/off button sticking in.