Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:22 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have installed a thrid party lanucher and now the application is giving me the force close loop and I can't access menu or any other function.
I tried to boot the device to safe mode in order to uninstall the launcher but when I press Power+Vol it only takes me to a recovery menu.

How do I boot the device into Safe Mode?
Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:15 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Never heard of a safe mode. Where did you hear about it?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:33 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

There is no Safe Mode. Unless you run Windows on your A101 which is impossible.

Allen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:32 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Go to your local hardware/appliance store. Buy a safe. Put tablet in safe. Close safe. You are now in safe mode. :-P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:53 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Do you mean hold down volume - when powering on?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:44 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

No he doesn't. He already tried that which he mentioned in his OP.

Allen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:59 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Sawatdee wrote:
I have installed a thrid party lanucher and now the application is giving me the force close loop and I can't access menu or any other function.
I tried to boot the device to safe mode in order to uninstall the launcher but when I press Power+Vol it only takes me to a recovery menu.

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that a full reset is all you have left. Unless there is a way to telnet into an Android device, but I'm guessing it's not linuxy enough for that kind of trick.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:18 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

karel jansens wrote:
Sawatdee wrote:

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that a full reset is all you have left. Unless there is a way to telnet into an Android device, but I'm guessing it's not linuxy enough for that kind of trick.

Look for sshd on the market. Although, if you are hung, you might not be able to install it. ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:34 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

jkane13 wrote:
Look for sshd on the market. Although, if you are hung, you might not be able to install it. ;-)

Yes, I guess that's the question. Would you say you are hung?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:05 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Windows. Most popular operating system in the world. Seems pretty reasonable that people would try to explain something in terms they would most likely understand. Perhaps they would even join a forum so that they could receive assistance and potentially gain knowledge from those more attuned to the particular subject if it was one they were unfamiliar with. That's if they are able to ignore the flaming and snobbery.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:40 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

archonoid wrote:
Windows. Most popular operating system in the world. Seems pretty reasonable that people would try to explain something in terms they would most likely understand. Perhaps they would even join a forum so that they could receive assistance and potentially gain knowledge from those more attuned to the particular subject if it was one they were unfamiliar with. That's if they are able to ignore the flaming and snobbery.

Absolutely right. Just as well there's no flaming or snobbery in this thread, only curiosity, helpfulness, and maybe some gentle humour.

And, of course one possible troll post. Sorry my friend, nobody's going to bite. The rest of use are waiting for Sawatdee to come back with more information so we can home in on his problem. Buy that's what we do here when a poster has made a confusing, misinformed post, or not supplied enough info to be definite in diagnosing the problem.

No need to be inflammatory.

[-X

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:06 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Thanks sweetypie. Inflammatory was not the intention; instead I would rather use the term concerned . I, like anyone else, do not enjoy being called names either [-X . I may have misunderstood the inflection behind the words, and if so please accept my apologies. I have read quite a few responses lately that could have been as easily misunderstood by allot of people who may not already know the written personality of the person posting the reply. Mine included.

Reading the OP, my assumption is that maybe the poster was unaware of how to uninstall the app at that time, or perhaps was attempting to do so from the incorrect location. Guess we will see :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:45 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

archonoid wrote:
Thanks sweetypie. Inflammatory was not the intention; instead I would rather use the term concerned . I, like anyone else, do not enjoy being called names either [-X . I may have misunderstood the inflection behind the words, and if so please accept my apologies. I have read quite a few responses lately that could have been as easily misunderstood by allot of people who may not already know the written personality of the person posting the reply. Mine included.

Reading the OP, my assumption is that maybe the poster was unaware of how to uninstall the app at that time, or perhaps was attempting to do so from the incorrect location. Guess we will see :)

No worries. It's 3 days since the OP posted his / her question, so we may indeed have put him off. However, just as everyons is counselled to do their research before buying stuff, and looking around forums for answers before posting a question, or indeed joining, you'd think that people would pick up the flavour of the postings. I certainly wouldn't walk into a roomful of strangers and start talking right away. I listen to see what the mood is and what people are talking about, before chipping in.

So, if the OP is lurking and afraid to post, come on in, the water's lovely. We're just passing the time until you come back with more info.

:D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:29 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks everyone for reading my post and trying to help. I have spent the past few days reinstalling the apps back to my 101 after a hard reset as suggested.

The problem occured after I had installed iClone over Launcherpro and the "force close" window for iClone kept popping up in a loop and there was no way I could get to the system menu to delete the app. I then Googled "force close loop android" something like that and some results suggested this could be bypassed on startup by entering into Safemode and then uninstall the app in question. This however was for Motorola and Google phone models with a physical menu button and I was not sure there is something similar for my 101 and therefore the post.

Anyway I got almost everything back to normal now and thanks everyone for the help.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:06 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

The 101 has the recovery boot mode for that, where you use the physical buttons (volume rocker and on/off switch) for selecting and activating a few menu choices. I'm not sure what the options are (force screen calibration is the only one I ever used), but wiser minds might elucidate you.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:07 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

you guys would be incorrect. i have a archos 10.1 g9 tablet and every time i turn it on the bottom left hand side of the screen says (safe mode)
its in safe mode.... im not sure why yet. it did it on its own. touch screen wont work, volume wont work. and its in safe mode. wont come off of the lock screen. ive tried rebooting it. ive tried everything i can research lol.