Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:09 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

:( me too. My sweet 101 is dead. It happened a couple of times before but restarted after pushing the power button a couple of times. Last night I was playing Angry Birds and went to shut down.... the flying bird started going really slow... I finally got to the System Monitor and told it to turn off all programs... the slow flying bird flashed on again, then the power down box came up; I told it to Power Off. The battery level indicator at that time was about 87. I tried turning it on again with no luck.
I left it on the charger overnight. It would not turn on. When I plug it into the charger the only way the green light comes on is if I hold the power button for 10 seconds, then it comes on and stays solid. I have the charger plugged into the correct socket (not the earphone jack).
I've tried EVERY tip here to with no luck: 10-15 seconds holding the power button, tapping 5 times. Tried to turn it on while on and off the charger.
Tried holding the +Volume button with the Power button for 10 or more seconds. It just sits there, ignoring me!
No matter what I do now, the screen stays blank..... no welcoming flash of "Archos".
I really liked the 101. Fortunately it is just within the Amazon.com return period. I have an RMA and UPS label to return it for a refund (only option available because Amazon is sold out). Dang it, what to get now? Initially I wanted to get a Notion Ink Adam, but they were not available at the time, nor are they available now.
Thanks for listening to me cry. Call me Devastated too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Warm the device first (warm room, hands, hairdryer, whatever...) and let it charge for atleast 30 min before boot.
Also check if the charger isn't broken.

I usually never let it drain the batery to 0%, when the battery is at 15% a message will pop up.
With 15% charge you can "warm up" the device by playing a video and after 5 min charge it.

Works 4 me!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:43 am 
Archos User
Archos User

drbn wrote:
Hi,

Have you tried the following ? (Remove SD card. I don't use one atm. But Ive seen some members with issues)
Hold power button 10 Secs (preferably 15) and then tap the power button 5 times ?
I've had the same issue a couple of times after upgrading to the latest firmware and that did the trick.

I know this is an old thread but THANK YOU. I ran into this problem and this did the trick!

Also bears as testament for the Search function! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:38 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

my 101 is dead, have had strange incidents with the battery status since the update, current status is power plugged in green light illuminated, but for the life of me i can't get this thing to boot up, tried the suggestions posted earlier but no luck, dead USB port now this, don't think it is worth the hassle to send it back as i live in aus and is probably going to near on $100 to ship it, looks destined for the bin, and like LG archos will probably be another on my Do not buy list :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:42 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi im new to the forum...here is my story as far as archos goes....i bought an archos 70 tablet and... after a week it stopped working...battery didnt charge also kept saying usb connected when it wasnt ....i sent it back to archos with a strong leter and they replaced it for me when it arrived it seamed to work for a few days but then the battery decided not to charge ...in the meantime i had ordered the archos 101 as this beter suited my needs only to find when it arrived the batery failed to charge on this ....i contacted archos every time and all they said was send it back so i protested and said who the hell is going to pay for these devices to be sent posted returned.. in which they replyed send it back ...there answers are very mechanical void of any emotion or sympathy for my dilema so i decided to ring them ..the guy on the end of the phone sounded indian and he repeated what archos had written to me which was send it back he also told me this was a one off case where i pointed out to him this had happened to me three times and countless other ppl where complaining of the same problem...eventually i threatened to take them to court in which they replyed send it back grrrrr... my point being is i do send these things back to them at my own cost only to recieve another that has the same problem.. so you find your self in a no win situation with them ....there customer suport care is nil and they ought to be ashamed of them selves for such a poor customer support.. where amazon where i got my product couldnt do enough to help me...I still have both archos devices and am doing a small experiment with them ...i know totally drain them both and charge them and so far this has worked i am also looking in to getting a seperate charger..Incedently i also have an archos 605 and a500 that both stopped working .. ppl may ask why do i bother well the simple rason is when archos products do actually work there not a bad bit of kit to have....I will be going to see some one soon in ragrds to this to see if i can take arcjos to court for breach of contract and i will make sur i make there life as hell as i can becouse of he suffering and distress they have coursed others... some one needs to stop these crooks...if all is successfull i will aslo put up a pertition on line for others to sign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:26 pm 

If you have legal issues with Archos, please do not discuss them here, or talk about potential legal complaints here.

Also, talking about making their "life as hell as I can" is probably not a good thing for you to talk about it you're planning some kind of legal action. [-X

Edit: Please only post the exact same thing once. I've deleted your duplicate post.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:20 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

If i talk about making there life hell i only reflect the anger i feel at being riped off by them and air the view of many archos customers who wouldnt jump at the same chance ..

What do i care about the choice of words i use . i hope they see it and take me to court then it will save on the legal expences i will incure..

Instead of critising me how about standing up for some thing that is right and showing suport for all thse archos customers who have had to endure months of misery becouse these scumbags couldnt care less..

What are you going to do .. talk about it all day in a forum or stand up for what it right and suport those who are trying to bring this issue to the forfront

I know i wont be able to rely on you for suport.... but i know there are many out there that will give me there suport if only to put a stop to archos ripping its customers off

My name is Nicholas king .. archos you scum bags sue me .. incedently i will be making a blog and will have a petion on there and i hope to discredit archos as much as i can ...

So sue me ... Nicholas king ..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:53 am 

Take your legal complaints to Archos, not the forum.

We are NOT Archos, and we have NO connection with their legal department.

This forum is meant for technical chat about Archos devices, and ways to help people out and help them have a better experience with their devices.

This forum is NOT meant for people to come on here calling people names, and trying to slander anyone. If you have a problem with the company, take it to the company.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:06 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hey Nicholas,
Although I completely understand your frustration, I can only recommend toning it down a notch, for your own sanity. 8) ...the keyword is patience.

Hear me out?
I bought my Archos 101 in June of this year (2011) and I'm on my third one. I've had it replaced by Archos twice. Archos has been very understanding & the RMA process has been smooth so far.

The second replacement arrived two days ago (10/13/11) and I'm a bit apprehensive to use it for fear that something will go wrong with this one (the other two each only lasted a few weeks before something went wrong, and I'm not a heavy user of my tablet by any means).

Anyway, I originally selected the 101 for the advertised features included, but mainly because it has the ability to tether to my HTC Windows cell phone for Internet access, which worked great with the two prior 101 tablets (I haven't tried connecting this third one yet...I'm hoping it will work as planned...fingers crossed). Overall, the Archos tablets seem to be a good value, if & when they function as advertised. Unfortunately, things don't always go according to plan.

That being said, I agree that there are some technical issues that need to be worked out with whoever manufactures Archos' tablets, we just need to cut the Archos employees a break, in addition to online forums, after all, there are A LOT of other customers/fans that have experienced similar concerns that need to "vent" as well. If we be as brief as possible in our responses, & less angry, we can be more productive and move on.

I can only suggest that you try to work with Archos & the RMA process as best you can. I do believe they are willing to help, they may just be overwhelmed with similar customer concerns.

In the grand scheme of things, getting our undies in a bunch over a $250 Internet tablet will do nothing but stress ourselves out and really do nothing productive for anyone.

Just my 2 cents :)

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:38 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hold the power button in for around 1 minute initiated a double blink from a solid LED...i left for a minute or so then it booted

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:49 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I recently acquired an archos 101 and it will not power on. I have tried all the things suggested here but am unable to get it to power up. When plugged in I have the green light. I removed the case and have checked the battery voltage with a meter. It reads at 3.53 volts. After leaving the charger on for 24 hours the reading is still the same. I am curious about the threshold of the voltage needed to power this thing on. At what voltage will the device cease to function?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:33 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Problems with battery not charging? Try use this program Batteri Reparation -Battery R. Ynfo.Apps -19. nov. 2012. It worked for me! :D