Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:35 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: 101 Won't turn on??
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi all,

Nothing works for me except leaving my archos alone for 16-24 hours charging! Only then will it turn on... I am sure it can't be right, but unsure whether it is worth emailing archos. I am better off just putting up with it? Any help or ideas welcome! :)

Thanks

Michael

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:37 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Try not to let it drain to 0%.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:50 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I think I might have the solution for everyone?

The problems described in this topic are all related to the charging of the batteries. As far as I can make out, there is something wrong with either the battery, the charger or the charge status in the Archos 101

Anyway, how to fix this problem? I think most of the solutions are given, but I will put them all in one post so those people with these issues can just go over them.

1. battery temperature... the battery seems to behave badly if the device is cold. Putting it in a cold place is not the best option. If the device is cold, let it warm up a bit in a warm environment. Then test out all or any of the other options.

2. Charger : the quality of the charger that goes with the tablet is bad. In some sockets it will not charge. Mine is a basic charger which has several plugs (UK, EUrope, US, ...) My guess is that the connections are a bit shifty. Anyhow, disconnect the plug and shove it firmly back in. Put the charger in a wall socket, not in an extension cord. Let it charge for about 15 minutes, then simply press the "on" button.

3. Make sure that you don't empty the battery completely. If you still have some juice in the battery you can see better if the device is charging.

Hope this helps with the immediate issues. Still, I think the early versions of the tablet might have some design faults, definitely the charger needs improvements. Suggest therefor to buy another charger with the same features, this might prevent issues like mentioned here.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:32 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

mine has done this a couple of times now since i bought it new in december. it always seems to be when it gets a bit "too" empty. always i've been able to recover from it by doing some mixture of charging/powering on etc.

last night i came to my 101 and it seemed to have suffered the same fate.... so did the usual tricks but it isnt waking. the light is coming on and turns off after holding it down for 7 secs but i see nothing on the screen. last time i checked it a couple of days ago it had about 60% battery left. Is there any way of determining if it is truly dead or if the screen is dead (plugged into usb but not getting any of the usual beep bop noises, but i think from memory you had to select to use it as storage device within android which i obviously cant do)

So now i'm crapping myself since I am totally at a loss as to what i can do. its never been opened etc but I installed the dev rom. I cant honestly think that Archos could possibly put ANY hardware issue down to the fact you had a dev rom installed :( (bought from currys, uk if it makes any difference... no doubt they have no stock to replace so most likely will say that they will have to return to archos)

Any advice much appreciated :(

thanks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:05 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

currys have just told me that they have to inform users to deal directly with archos :(
just called them and they've given me an RMA number. still scared about the whole warranty/dev rom thing though (didnt have the nerve to mention it)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:25 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Just got my 101 yesterday, was playing angry birds, and my tablet shut off. Tried to turn it back on, and nothing happened. I spoke with an Archos rep and here's what she told me:

1. Let the tablet charge for 24 hrs
2. Press and hold the power button for 45 secs
3. Wait for 1 minute
4. Hit the power button again

She said that if this doesn't work, I should return it to the place where I bought my unit, that it might be a defect in the tablet. We'll have to see how that goes. It's disappointing, considering I had the tablet for less than 24 hrs and I'm already having problems with it. GRRRRRRRR!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:26 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

BTW - The number for Archos tech support is 1-630-637-2463 in case anyone needs it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Well ive being having the same problem.....charged it for a couple of hours....and after that...its totally dead.....Anyone knows what i could do?....besides pressing all the buttons....and hoping for a miracle.....
Is there any propper support? where i could send them an email.....or better yet.....this piece of crap

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:26 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have been using Archos products for over 5 years, and have to say, the customer service is the worst of ANY IT company I have dealt with. What really pissed me off was, I bought the Archos 5 tablet (250GB). I was really pleased with it from the pictures/music standpoint. What really annoys me is if you want to play hidef movies on the thing....you have to log on to Archos website, and BUY the codec!!!!! Why should I? The product is advertised as playing hidef material...and nowhere does it say ...but you'll need to buy the codecs. I reluctantly gave in because I wanted the hidef facility.....then the horror started...Archos website would not take my Product serial number or any other information I tried to input.....so I am left without the stuff I need. They really are a penny pinching company, and certainly cannot compete with the likes of Samsung, Apple etc in the tablet arena. I too have been messing around for days trying to get a 101 xs to fire up after it stopped working for no apparent reason. Today will be the last day i ever use an Archos product...they are absolute shite.

Soapbox away.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:08 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello! I have the same problem with my Archos 101 Titanium.
When im trying to switch on it only shows the archos logo and thats it.
But i know how to fix this issue.
I need backup file from working Archos 101 Titanium put this backup file to sd card and then update from sd card in recovery mode.
!!!Please someone who have working Archos 101 titanium backup and upload this file or send to my e-mail [email protected]!!!
!!!Thanks!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:27 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I had the same problem. The day I purchase I tried to register my tablet. Couldn't read the serial number because it was half way smudged. I think they fix old tablets and resell them as new. Because my "NEW" tablet didn't look to new to me. And problems started a day after. I thought it was normal for a new tablet or I was doing something wrong. Finally send it back and guess what? They ignoring me for months even after I filled complaint with BBB.
They have no shame!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:09 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have owned my 101 which march good coque galaxy s5 pas cher nior coque galaxy s5 haut de qualite