Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:25 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Screen protector
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:49 am 
Offline
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 927
There are screen protectors for the iPad, so it must work. But it would be interesting if someone would do conductivity test on the protectors they get.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Screen protector
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:55 am 
Offline
Archos User
Archos User

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Posts: 65
goodevilgenius wrote:
This thing has a capacitive touchscreen, right? One thing I've wondered about is since this thing is capacitive, wouldn't putting a screen protector on it disrupt the conduction between the finger and the screen, effectively disabling the touchscreen?


Ive had a screen protector since the day after I bought my iPhone & it's not interfered with the touchscreen in any way at all.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Screen protector
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:02 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 1903
Location: Nomad
I have a 5 point touch screen with a protector on it for 4 months now and I've never had any input problems from the protector. As such, I highly doubt we'll see any issues with these new toys.

_________________
Oppo N1 | Nexus 10 | OUYA | HTC M8


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Screen protector
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:53 am 
Offline
Archos User
Archos User

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:12 pm
Posts: 112
i'm still not sure i need a screen protector. i got one for my phone because it would be in my pocket all day and just used alot more in general, for this though it will be used with more care and won't taken with me everywhere. also i plan on getting a case of some type to keep it in when not being used so as of right now i do not plan on getting a screen protector, unless someone can confirm that the screen scratches very easily or something.


Last edited by Crimton on Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Screen protector
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:58 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 1903
Location: Nomad
Honestly I likely won't get a protector for this screen. I plan on buying a carrying case, as soon as possible. I'm going to be talking to two companies that I usual for my screen protectors though, and if they can offer me a protector for the A101, I won't turn it down. Of course if I get one, I'll review it and let everyone know if it's worth it.

_________________
Oppo N1 | Nexus 10 | OUYA | HTC M8


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Screen protector
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:34 pm 
Offline
Archos User
Archos User

Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:25 pm
Posts: 53
i will buy an anti-glare screen protector. i dislike the squeaking sound created by my fingers sliding over the glass.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Screen protector
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:25 pm 
Offline
Archos User
Archos User

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:12 pm
Posts: 112
azmo wrote:
i will buy an anti-glare screen protector. i dislike the squeaking sound created by my fingers sliding over the glass.



that would be one reason for me to get a screen protector but on the other hand the anti-glare ones will kind of dull the colors and not be as vibrant as with no screen protector or an all clear one. it does however make your fingers slide across the screen very easily.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Screen protector
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:01 pm 
Offline
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:12 am
Posts: 36
Crimton wrote:
that would be one reason for me to get a screen protector but on the other hand the anti-glare ones will kind of dull the colors and not be as vibrant as with no screen protector or an all clear one. it does however make your fingers slide across the screen very easily.


Applied an anti-glare screen on my 101. Cost me about US$18. Can't seems to see any difference in color output. Sensitive remains the same. Sliding is a lot easier now.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Screen protector
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:15 pm 
Offline
Archos User
Archos User

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:12 pm
Posts: 112
tyongchi wrote:
Crimton wrote:
that would be one reason for me to get a screen protector but on the other hand the anti-glare ones will kind of dull the colors and not be as vibrant as with no screen protector or an all clear one. it does however make your fingers slide across the screen very easily.


Applied an anti-glare screen on my 101. Cost me about US$18. Can't seems to see any difference in color output. Sensitive remains the same. Sliding is a lot easier now.


thats good that you are happy with your screen protector. i just mentioned the dullness because i have a crystal clear screen protector and my wife has an anti-glare one from the sgpstore.com. mine is very clear and has some glare in the right lighting, and can be hard using swype sometimes but i like the way it looks. my wifes held sided by side is not as bright and has a dullness to it, in order to get the anti-glare effect, but its great for swype and its really not that much of a difference. but held side by side there is a noticeable difference. sensitivity in both cases are totally unaffected.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Screen protector
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:18 pm 
Offline
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:38 pm
Posts: 352
Did it noticeably reduce glare?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:30 pm 
Offline
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:04 am
Posts: 8
I'm buying one of these... In Belgium a screen protector is about 20~30 Ôé¼ per piece, so 15 $ is a nice deal.

I'll come back to you when I've tested it.

Niels R.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:40 pm 
Offline
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:45 pm
Posts: 167
Sorry for the double post, but in another thread I pointed out the my preference has always been to use Bestskinsever screen protectors because they are easy to apply and remove, leave no bubbles and although they cut down on the glare, they are almost unnoticable.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/

You could use either an Ipad version or the large universal blank model until they start stocking the Archos version.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:07 pm 
Offline
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:38 pm
Posts: 352
I wouldn't get an ipad one. I think the screen is shaped differently.

the 101 is closer to a netbook's screen


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:56 pm 
Offline
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:09 pm
Posts: 341
Since the 101's screen is the same size and resolution as a netbook screen, it probably IS a netbook screen. It would make sense. It would be cheaper because of how common it is. My MSI wind has a 10.1 inch 1024x600 TN panel in it that has decent side to side viewing angles and bad vertical viewing angles.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:12 pm 
Offline
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:45 pm
Posts: 167
mjf1 wrote:
Sorry for the double post, but in another thread I pointed out the my preference has always been to use Bestskinsever screen protectors because they are easy to apply and remove, leave no bubbles and although they cut down on the glare, they are almost unnoticable.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/

You could use either an Ipad version or the large universal blank model until they start stocking the Archos version.


Just ordered the middle one here:

http://www.bestskinsever.com/diy-skins

Wonder which will arrive first: the skin or my 101 :lol:


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:00 pm 
Offline
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:09 pm
Posts: 15
Perfect matching Anti-Glare Screen protector:

https://www.displayschutzfolien.com/?cm ... pn_id=2647

Pictures:
http://www.android-hilfe.de/archos-101- ... post723298

It's custom made for the Archos 101 and matches perfect + very fast shipping!


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:22 pm 
Offline
Archos User
Archos User

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 111
mjf1 wrote:
mjf1 wrote:
Sorry for the double post, but in another thread I pointed out the my preference has always been to use Bestskinsever screen protectors because they are easy to apply and remove, leave no bubbles and although they cut down on the glare, they are almost unnoticable.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/

You could use either an Ipad version or the large universal blank model until they start stocking the Archos version.


Just ordered the middle one here:

http://www.bestskinsever.com/diy-skins

Wonder which will arrive first: the skin or my 101 :lol:


you should try to order both on the same day.

best skins ever is also in Colorado. they do it through the mail though.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Accessories!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:02 pm 
Offline
Archos User
Archos User

Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:00 pm
Posts: 52
So now that we all have officially ordered our tablets and will get them next week, does any one know of any accessories that would fit it? Like screen protectors and cases?


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Accessories!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:12 pm 
Offline
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:17 pm
Posts: 17
There are screen protectors on ebay , just search for "Archos 101". Didn't see any other accessories yet though.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Accessories!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:26 pm 
Offline
Archos User
Archos User

Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:00 pm
Posts: 52
gregmattersen wrote:
There are screen protectors on ebay , just search for "Archos 101". Didn't see any other accessories yet though.

Thanks! I'll check it out. I guess I should wait to see how reflective the screen actually is.


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Hosted by Forumatic™