Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:39 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:27 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Firstly, i have no idea why i still continue to buy Archos Products. The only one that didn't fail was the AV400 and i didn't have to pay extra for all the peripherals.

Secondly, i have had an Archos 70 IT for about a year and a bit now, bought from Amazon.co.uk. It worked well for a while and i manged to get google apps and all of that on it. A few months ago, however, problems began to arise with no solution to be found.

I couldn't delete files from the device itself, i couldn't stream youtube or bbc iplayer videos or soundcloud tracks and, most importantly, i couldn't transfer or download content online which meant no new apps or app updates from the Market (this issue probably extends to me not being able to write data from the device itself). I worked around a bit and didn't let it bother me as i had pretty much all the apps i needed at that point and but now i have a few important updates on a few apps, and a few that are now forcing me to update. I used the clunky browser equivalents of certain apps (iPlayer, Soundcloud) but now that iPlayer is forcing me to download BBC Media Player there really isn't much i can do.

I decided a few hours ago that if i reset Android it could solve the problems.... surprise! It doesn't. So now not only am i in the same position, i can't get any of the apps i had been using before (no, i cannot install or update using the desktop google play store).

So i'm thinking i should just do an entire full re-install. But before i spend hours and hours backing up my music videos and pictures to the PC (and hours and hours transferring them back) will this even work?

Thanks for your time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

i didn't really expect a response, just thought i would let people know it worked.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:44 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

You should have tried it first. Sometimes android needs just a kick in the ass.