Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:17 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:24 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have an Android tablet that can access network shares through the SMB/CIFS protocol and I am having trouble connecting to my Windows 7 shares. I searched google and I made some changes in the Local Security Policy (Send LM & NTLM use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated and I disabled 128-Bit encryption) and my Android tablet (Archos 70 Internet Tablet running Android 2.2) I have tried all of the things I can think of
The weird thing is if I log in as a guest (I am using AndSMB for the android system) I can see all of my shares but If I try to list a directory I get access denied, but if I try to log in using my user name and password I get Logon Failure unknown user or bad password
is there any thing I can be missing to get this to work?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:05 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I don't understand why you're using a 3rd party app - Archos does smb natively through built-in file browser, the problem is usually at the pc, it doesn't seem to be sufficient to share the root of a drive, I had to go into the drive and share the folders aswell - but it works fine once you get it right.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:29 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I am using a third party app because I can't get the stock file browser to work either (I keep getting the enter password screen even though the password & Username is right)
Anyway I am now using Astro File Manager with the SMB Addin and that works fine and it is a pretty good app for what I am doing (Sharing files between my A70S IT and my PC without connecting the USB Cable)