Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:46 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:02 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi please can someone help me. My son had this tablet for Xmas and yesterday set about downloading some apps. It appears he has downloaded one with no star rating even though I told him to look at this first (he's 9). He did not play on the game but next time he went to switch it on the tablet got stuck on the loading screen where it says "Archos Entertainment your way." The screen flashes to black every couple of seconds then back to the logo. Please help me as I do not know how to fix it. I have already pressed the reboot several times, tried switching it on with and without the sd card. Tried to attach it to the PC to get rid of the apps but the PC can see it now.

I dont know what else to do?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:25 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I think your going to have to do a factory reset, and I think you're going to have to get used to doing it if your 9 yr old son has full control of this device.
Turn the device off by pressing and holding the on/off button until it shuts down, then immediately press and hold the volume up button as the device boots ( press the on/off button if it hasn't already begun to boot )this will take you to the recovery screen, navigate in this section by using the volume rocker to go up and down and the on/off button to select - go to system repair and select ok, it should then reboot and run chkdisc, which may sort the problem, if not, do the same again this time selecting update firmware ( before you do this, download firmware 2.4.8.1 from the Archos website and have it on your pc ready to copy to Archos ) the Archos will then re-install the firmware which, again hopefully will sort the problem. If it doesn't the 3rd step is to go into the recovery again, only this time select 'format', then again copy the firmware file onto the archos and select ok - you will need to run through the startup wizard again now as this will reset the device to factory settings.
You need to read the owners manual to fully familiarize yourself with this device, as I said, I think you're going to need to know how to fix the problems that a 9 yr old is undoubtable going to cause.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:34 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thank you so much for replying. Just to say that the device is touch screen only and doe not have an external volume switch. Have checked the instructions which are very limited about 5 pages. I did think about the update firmware thing but as the pc cant see the device I cant do this. Any idea how to do a factory reboot without the volume or is there a hidden one I dont know about.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:58 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

the volume rocker switch is directly below the on/off switch - your pc will see the device once you get into the recovery screen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:04 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I am sorry but had a good look, there is not volume switch. The only way you can do the volume is when the device is working. The volume control is on the touch screen. Thanks for your advice though. If you have another idea I am up for trying. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:15 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

You have the Home Tablet.
Ensure you know what version you have.

You may want to try these sub-forums

Archos 7 Home Tablet v2, and Archos Home Tablet 7c

Archos 7 Home Tablet