Hope this post doesn't tread on too many other posts! Got an Archos 70 250GB at Christmas and enjoying my first experience of Archos and Android. I've read a lot of topics on here which have been very helpful but I thought I'd post some questions which might help me as well as other newbies and maybe even build up a consensus of what the device needs to make it wondrous. Even one word answers will be appreciated! Anyway, here goes:
1. The music player. I like it but are there better apps for this?
2. Video player. Again, I find it good but can I do better?
3. Aldiko, Kindle or Kobo? (I love Aldiko.)
4. Best comic app for loading and viewing your own comic files?
5. Keeping charger plugged in while using device - is it good or bad for battery? (Opinion seems divided!)
6. Do I really need some sort of security app for virus patrol etc. and if so, which.
7 Is there any way of configuring email to send emails from my BTYahoo account - so far can only use GMail.
8. Best tricks for optimising battery life?
9. Now that I have Market Place, do I really need Appslib and could I delete it?
10. Give me one brilliant app that you can't live without?
That's it, thanking you in anticipation.
1 - GoneMAD
2 - Stick with stock
3 - I use Aldiko AND Kindle, together they cover all my needs
4 - No idea
5 - Doesn't matter. I'm convinced that a healthy mix of usage is best for devices
6 - No
7 - Depends on your "pop3" settings, check Yahoo for "Pop" settings - I use K-9 email client
8 - Don't use the device - just charge it now and again
9 - Yes - Appslib offers apps more likely to be suited to Archos devices, e.g. Flash 10.3, while the Google Market offers Flash 11. 10.3 is best for the A70.
10 - Dolphin HD browser. As this is an "Internet tablet", choice of browser is hugely important - that's the main use of the thing. Dolphin HD is the nearest thing to Firefox, which I use exclusively on my PC's.
But - my A70's are rooted using the latest UrukDroid 1.6 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... p=10239743
. Of course, you can't call this an app, but it greatly improves the performance and functionality of the A70.