Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:29 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:10 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I bought an Archos 70 250GB tablet today, and on returning home i messed around with it a bit had a few problems with it being slow and unresponsive at times etc. So i tried to do a system recovery. I have pressed power with the voulume held down like your supposed to.

Got to the White recovery screen Clicked Format System and Reformat Device.

I get the " Device will be completly erased and will need a full manual reinstalation of its operating system using an AOS file avalible on ARCHOS website.

Now after it formats the device and comes up with USB connection on my computer, I dont know which firmware to download. As on the ARCHOS site i dont see a firmware for the ARCHOS 70, There is firmware for the Archos 70B internet tablet Android 2.2 OS v 2.4.81, which i downloaded and added to the Tablet when prompted only to recive an UPDATE FAILED (207) msg.

I am getting really frustrated here and i have searched and searched with no luck so could someone, anyone please point me in the right direction.

Thank You.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:15 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

As you don't have a 70B, why do you install that?

Use the Download for "Archos 28/32/43/70/101 internet tablet"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:26 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Done and its started updating (i think)thanks alot man you dont know how much ive been stressed with this lol.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Chris like you i am new to Archos but mine is the 70b. I am in a similar place at the moment but I cannot get into the recovery screen at all any ideas??? :(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:23 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Satt68 - did you sort out your problem - if not, please post the exact model you have, ie is it a 70b ereader or A70b Internet tablet - 8gb - 250gb ? Why do you need to get into the recovery screen ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:54 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Paulus3476, Archos model 70b internet tablet 250gb. No i am still waiting for contact from Archos directly?
I thought I me be able to reset the tablet. When its powered up all I get is the black screensaver screen with ARCHOS rolling round it? I cannot enter the tablet at all?

Any ideas
Satt68

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:33 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

You need to download the current latest firmware for your device from Archos.com - as there is some confusion regarding this particular model, I suggest you download both the A70b IT 2.4.8.1 firmware and the gen 8 2.4.8.1 firmware. Connect the device to your pc via usb and hold down the volume button up key while it boots - this will take you to the recovery menu where you will be prompted to do one of a few thing,choose update firmware and then via your pc, drag and drop one of the firmwares onto the root of the device ( try 70b 1st) and click ok on Archos screen - it should now try to install the update - if it fails because the update is incompatible with this device - try the same with the other firmware file. Good Luck

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:48 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Paulus3476. I have had no luck at all. I cannot get into the recovery screen, using the volume control button has no effect? I have used the volume button so many times now(along with friends) with no success at all. I can only presume that this is not normal and that there is something seriously wrong?
Satt68

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:28 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Sorry to hear of your plight - the only thing I can think of is, if it's the same as mine, the volume rocker switch is so recessed into the case that it is actually difficult to press and so, sometimes when you think you are pressing it, nothing happens - just be absolutely sure that you have fully pressed it in and hold it like that while the device begins it's boot sequence - failing that it does sound like a hardware defect of some kind.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:21 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks for all the help, I will let you know how I get on
Satt68

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:14 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hi frnds.... i have an archos 70 internet tablet 8 gb.. i got that from my relation; there is no android os in it write now but it has some other platform running, more specifically it is running an AVAZ project created for mentally retarded people.. somehow i got it... but i dnt knw how to format it so that i can run froyo in it...

and wen i press power+volume key as suggested above.. it simply halts to a black screen.. doesn't enter into any mode..

and also wen i connect it to the pc the driver will n't get detected automatically.. so how to deal with it? so that i can connect to the pc..

pls help out.. it has been with me since past one year... but i havn't made a single use of it...

thanks in advance,...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:12 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

that it does sound like a hardware defect of some kind.

gclub ผ่านเว็บ