Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:50 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:11 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Searched everywhere can't find any info. A70 won't charge past 50% and dies quickly. Has anyone replaced the battery and if so do you have a manufacturer and model number for the battery. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:36 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I havent replaced mine but I have RMA'd it after two weeks of trying to figure the battery out from new.
Sometimes it would fully charge, other times it would only charge to ~70% , and other times it would show 100% charge only to drop down to ~63% after 10 minutes after charging overnight.

Towards the end I thought I had it figured by charging when in 'deep sleep' mode, but that didn't work so I rma'd it.

At present I am waiting for their response.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:53 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I think it unlikely that anyone will have changed their battery, the devices are only just now coming out of guarantee, so any battery problems so far would have been dealt with by warranty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:33 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I am the one who found and gave directions on how to and where to buy a replacement battery for the A48/A5IT. I can do they same with the A70 but I will actually need you guys to contribute by someone opening their unit up and reading me back the specs on the battery. My unit is still in warranty so I will not open mine. Give me those numbers and I can source the part.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:38 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have a 70 Internet Tablet and I believe the battery is dead. I called Archos and they said the battery is not replaceable. I have pulled tha back off and got some numbers off of the battery. It looks like there are 2 batteries. What I found on tha batteries are this: The manufacturer appears to be Coslight. The numbers as to the type are these: CA3148A3 and CA484977. I hope that somebody is still looking at this and can help find the right batteries.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

neils31 wrote:
I havent replaced mine but I have RMA'd it after two weeks of trying to figure the battery out from new.
Sometimes it would fully charge, other times it would only charge to ~70% , and other times it would show 100% charge only to drop down to ~63% after 10 minutes after charging overnight.

Towards the end I thought I had it figured by charging when in 'deep sleep' mode, but that didn't work so I rma'd it.

At present I am waiting for their response.

I think you have a calibration problem, you could reolve it with the application "battery calibration" on google play

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
samsung galaxy s5 ipad mini ecran retina