Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:49 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:31 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi folks, newbie looking for advice on my new toy. I have a number of ebooks as mobi files save onto my sd card. I have copied the files over into the Kindle folder but they are not showing when I open the application.

Suggestions please.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:38 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Are you looking in the On Device screen? I've noticed that sideloaded .mobi files often don't show up in the Home screen until after you have opened them from the On Device screen.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks but please clarify what you mean by 'On device Screen'. All I have done is copy mobi files from SD card into Files/Kindle and then open Kindle application but they are not shown. My Archos is unable to open the files direct off the SD card.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:54 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

There are different tabs along the top for "Home", "On Device", "Archive", and "Store".
Try looking in the On Device tab instead of Home.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:09 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi, yes I have opened the Kindle app and selected 'On Device' from the top bar but the books are not there.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello,

if I remember correctly you have to put the mobi files in the correct 'Kindle' folder on your device.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:30 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

neils31 wrote:
Hello,

if I remember correctly you have to put the mobi files in the correct 'Kindle' folder on your device.

You're right. But the op said "I have copied the files over into the Kindle folder", so we've assumed he was speaking carefully. When you open your file manager, on an unrooted device, when you scroll down you will see the folder called "Kindle". That's the correct folder, not some folder "inside" that one.

Then you have to reboot to force Kindle to "sync" those files.

Then as Frank said look in "On device", then you should see them in "Home".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:36 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Aha, the only thing I haven't done was a reboot as I thought this reset the system and I would lose the apps I had installed. Will try this tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:19 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

daveb157 wrote:
Aha, the only thing I haven't done was a reboot as I thought this reset the system and I would lose the apps I had installed. Will try this tonight.

Err... you do realise I said "reboot" and not "reset"? Don't go resetting your device, that's not what I said.

If you DO understand what I meant by reboot, how could you possibly think that a reboot would "reset the system and I would lose the apps I had installed"? Rebooting is just turning the thing off and back on again. You can't possibly think that switching the thing off would cause you to lose everything on it? You don't lose anything on a PC when you switch it off.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:53 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi - u can see some how to videos including how to videos at adam's site at http://ereaderreviewsinfo.com

has one that covers what button to push to see the files you copy from your computer

u have to push the files thru Amazon - their service will convert them into a format that a Kindle can use and display on the screen

likely you have not done it thru Amazon if u can't see them; can't just copy thru the usb cable

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:01 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I had a bunch of mobile books from back in the mobipocket days. I looked up the procedure for removing the dem and the used calibrecto convert then to standard snooker format.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:05 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

That should have read removed the dem with calibare.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:28 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Or possibly even Calibre?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:05 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks for the advice but I still had no joy in getting the saved files to show as On Device in the Kindle app. Have since resorted to converted them with Calibre and using Kobo ereader which works fine.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:20 am 
Archos User
Archos User

ya I can't spell.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:10 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

:)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:31 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hi frnds.... i have an archos 70 internet tablet 8 gb.. i got that from my relation; there is no android os in it write now but it has some other platform running, more specifically it is running an AVAZ project created for mentally retarded people.. somehow i got it... but i dnt knw how to format it so that i can run froyo in it...

and wen i press power+volume key as suggested above.. it simply halts to a black screen.. doesn't enter into any mode..

and also wen i connect it to the pc the driver will n't get detected automatically.. so how to deal with it? so that i can connect to the pc..

pls help out.. it has been with me since past one year... but i havn't made a single use of it...

thanks in advance,...