Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:30 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hi all, purchased a archos 70 23/12/2011, by 30 jan 2012 had to ring archos product u/s. £7 to send it back, that hurt! now the new unit is messed up aswell. just rung archos after 2x full reinstall & reinstall of FW, guess what this ones u/s aswell.

had a right moan and said i will not pay to return again, perhaps archos should start making something else because they arn't very good at tablets. was told a supervisor will contact me due to that this is the second unit to go u/s.

anybody got any simular stories? what was you outcome. I am at the stage where i would like to get my money back, then buy something fit for purpose.

i kinda wish i had stayed with my 5it!

forgat to say, prob with the 70it was, locking up all the time and restarting for no reason, when staring the unit would just show the archos start up screen over and over. And yes i did all you can do.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

How sad that you got no replies. Just like dealing with Archos 'support.' Basically, they provide next to no support, and no, you're not the only one.......the issue with my first 70 was that it just died, days after purchase.......took them nearly two months to send the RMA replacement, which appears to have no warranty whatsoever.

Now that it is too late, there's no sense in advising you to return it for a refund, but if I had it to do over, that's what I'd do.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:21 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I bought my 70 IT and it died on the 4th day. I came home and plugged it in the PC (I've plugged it before) and it just died huh.