Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:30 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: USB connection to pc
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:36 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello,

I am sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, I searched and could not find it. What is the trick to get a 7o connected to my pc (USB connection)? It continually errors out saying the device is unrecognized or software couldn't be installed. Is there a workaround I can do to get my Archos connected to my computer?

Thank you in advance,

Mike

Post subject: Re: USB connection to pc
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:38 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Are you following the instructions in the User Manual?

http://www.archos.com/manuals/A70_EN_v1 ... 1294044023

After "mounting" the Archos, it should show in your file explorer as another drive (two drives if you have a memory card installed).

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:40 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Yep, I have owned the 70 for over a year and getting it connected has always been a nightmare. No matter what I do I get the "usb device not recognized by windows" and in the device manager it is listed as an unknown device. Sometimes after messing around with uninstalling the unknown device and rebooting it will connect but this is very time consuming.

I'd like to think there is a way to get it to connect every time without hassle....

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:48 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

As it is very easy to connect the A70S to a pc you both have done something wrong.

If you connect the device to a PC it will install a normal massstoragedevice driver and from then on you can access it as that.
BUT if YOU set for ex. the debug option in application/development ( Titanium wants that ) then it is recognised differently and you would need the ADB driver for connection, but that is for debug only.

You can see that you have debug switched on when there is no question of connecting to PC when you plug it in.
Then you have to pull down the status strip, select USB Connection and then select mass....

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:09 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Mike,
Had the exact same problem. Disconnect the tablet. In the Archos, go to SETTINGS -> REPAIR AND FORMATTING -> MASS STORAGE FILE SYSTEM FORMAT -> and then make sure that it's set to Windows/Mac and not Large HD system.

Your PC should then instantly recognise the device and allow to to drag and drop files back and forth.

Jon