Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:28 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 911 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:04 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

FYI Archos 70: 8 + 250gb now availible at archos.com us-store.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:14 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

it's true.. just ordered mine shipped 2day ups.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:41 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Just got mine as well. To get the 20% discount go to http://www.google.com (on your mobile phone) and do a search for "archos 70". Once the search result pops up go to the "store.archos...." link. Select 8 or 250gb and proceed to check out. You should see the discounted price. Just bought mine (8gb) for $228.99 shipped ground. If you don't go to google.com first you wont get the discount.

Corrections guys. It looks like you must use your mobile phone (edited my post). I used my HTC Evo to purchase.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:36 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I just ordered it via Google on my desktop and also received the discount. Whoohoo!! Thanks for the most excellent tip!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:40 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Can that google tip be used any way other than with a mobile phone? Seems silly to buy without getting such a good discount.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:05 am 
Archos User
Archos User

I just did the google search and went to the second link which was the store and both the 8GB and 250GB have a discount. if they still have these avail on Wednesday and the discount I will be finally getting one. can't beat the 70 bucks off the 250HD version either.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:53 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Just tried the google search again, still full price. Looks like the HD version is sold out already.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:26 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

If you want to order the Archos 70 8gb from the Archos store and get the Discount just use the google chrome browser. Do
a google search for Archos 70 then click on result with the following url https://store.archos.com/archos-internet-tablet-p-5004. Just add to cart and you should recieve the discount before checkout. Good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:13 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

verified also got the discount from a desktop by doing the google search and following the store link from there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:41 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

And looks like the 8GB is unavailable again.
Jeepers. My wife is getting antsy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:59 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

santa wrote:
And looks like the 8GB is unavailable again.
Jeepers. My wife is getting antsy.

Yup they go quick. Their email notifications dont work either so you really gotta check quite often. Maybe also set an email notification in this thread just in case someone posts availability again.

Another suggestion might be to get a Nook color and root it. I think also they have a Froyo build for it now. I'm sure your wife will enjoy the better screen on it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:07 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

aznmode wrote:
Yup they go quick. Their email notifications dont work either so you really gotta check quite often. Maybe also set an email notification in this thread just in case someone posts availability again.

Another suggestion might be to get a Nook color and root it. I think also they have a Froyo build for it now. I'm sure your wife will enjoy the better screen on it.

Thanks for the suggestions.
I got my 70 for Christmas and I love it and my wife loves it too. So much so, that I guess we need to have two of them.

I can wait for now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:14 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Do you guys know how long it takes for Archos to start shipping? I don't have a way of looking up orders either.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:23 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I would be curious to know....did Archos sell all of the units that acquired through their store, or did they ship some of them to the stores that are supposed to be waiting for them. I will only purchase one through bill me later (PayPal). Just a querk of mine. And Archos does not use PayPal, so I am still waiting.

Milt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:36 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

aznmode wrote:
Do you guys know how long it takes for Archos to start shipping? I don't have a way of looking up orders either.

they'll send an e-mail with an html attachment to the ups tracking number. I got mine and the e-mail says it shipped this morning but when I try to track mine UPS says it's not on their records though so im not sure if they've actually shipped.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I ordered my a70 8gb from Archos yesterday at 3 pm eastern. I received the UPS number about 6 pm, UPS picked it up about 10 pm, this afternoon it left Louisville headed for NC at 2 pm 2 day air. Should be here tomorrow afternoon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:09 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Thanks guys. I checked my junk box and there was the tracking info from archos. But it was an email from this morning and I ordered mine at 12:15pm PST yesterday. Also showing unable to locate tracking info via UPS. I'm pretty sure this is a UPS website issue. They're never accurate.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:22 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

mondo50m wrote:
I would be curious to know....did Archos sell all of the units that acquired through their store, or did they ship some of them to the stores that are supposed to be waiting for them. I will only purchase one through bill me later (PayPal). Just a querk of mine. And Archos does not use PayPal, so I am still waiting.

Milt

My first A70 was purchased from another e-seller which had it in stock. When I emailed them to inquire if they had more units, they said they only had 1 in stock to sell. But some e-seller will say on their website that the item ships directly from the manufacturer.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

aznmode wrote:
mondo50m wrote:

Milt

My first A70 was purchased from another e-seller which had it in stock. When I emailed them to inquire if they had more units, they said they only had 1 in stock to sell. But some e-seller will say on their website that the item ships directly from the manufacturer.

I ordered one from a Canadian source. They were good. Prompt response to emailed questions.
http://www.hotmp3gear.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:31 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Finally got the go ahead from my wife to get the 70 and I go to Archos's site and they're out again, man am I bummed!! :(

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 911 Next