Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:34 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:12 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ok so i have my A70IT using my Rooted Nexus One and wifi tether with Google Maps. Below is the setup i am using.

Install "Bluetooth GPS Output" app on the nexus one. (This will be used as the GPS transmitter app)
Install "Bluetooth GPS Provider" app on the A70IT (This will reconize the nexus as the receiver and use the GPS from it)

So start the nexus turn on the GPS and turn on Bluetooth GPS Output and set the nexus to be discoverable
On the tablet state Bluetooth GPS Provider and detect and connect to the nexus one (This should already reconize the GPS
Start the nexus one wifi hotspot
Open Maps on the tablet and voila it can find your location.

I tested this setup this morning and i used navigation to get frommy house to work without any issues. I was also streaming pandora the whole way. Worked like a champ.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Tama

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:46 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Bluetooth GPS Provider is unnecessary on Froyo (and doesn't work with some other GPS programs). Instead, you should set the Archos Bluetooth GPS to use your bluetooth GPS device of choice in the Location section in Settings. After you connect and pair and set the Bluetooth GPS settings, the A70 will automatically connect to your GPS device and enable GPS whenever you turn on the A70's bluetooth. You also don't have to enable Mock Locations this way as you would have to with Bluetooth GPS Provider.
This method's more convenient and is actually the only method that works with NDrive (GPS with offline maps) as the A70 passes the GPS info as if it were built in.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:49 pm 
Thx. Excellent recommendations.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:15 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Agree!

=D> to both!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:28 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have paired my Droid X with the Archos 70, but the option to Select a Bluetooth GPS remains greyed-out and unclickable. The Droid X has GPS 2 BT widget enabled - is it messing up the connection with the 70IT, you think?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:18 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks for the help guys

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have a Droid X - and Archos 101 loaded with Froyo 2.2
I have been able to BLUETOOTH Pair the devices.

But under SETTINGS -> LOCATIONS & SECURITY ... the option to Select a Bluetooth GPS is grayed out, and can't be selected.

Can someone post explicit directions on how to get NAVIGATION w/ GPS to work with the Archos 101 and Droid X ??

Thanks!!