Well that's interesting. Wonder why yours DL/Installed ok but doesn't work for mine and some others....I installed the 3rd party apps and did the reset after the froyo install but wouldn't think that makes a difference....
if its not a pain i would do a fresh install (this is what i did)viewtopic.php?f=63&t=42036
Volume = Up/down menu
Power = Enter
** Plug in your Power Cord, its required! **
** First make sure to backup all your multimedia files (and apps if you want) **
1) download the firmware here: http://update.archos.com/8/gen8/gen8_2. ... d_gen8.aos
2) shutdown your device by tapping power, then selecting power down or holding the power for 5-10 seconds
3) hold the volume down and power button until you get the Archos splash screen
4) Select Format System --> Reformat Device--> Select "I Understand"
5) Once format is complete, you'll then you'll be in USB firmware Recovery
6) Your device should be automatically be mounted (A70S internal drive) in Windows (Linux too I'm sure)
7) Copy your downloaded 'aos' file from step 1 into the root of the 'A70S' named drive letter
Press OK (power) to continue once the copy is completed (plug in power cord)
9) Firmware update begins
then i did this install for the market etc...viewtopic.php?f=63&t=42000
1. - install Appslib from archos site
2. - install Terminal emulator from Appslib
3. - uncompress the market.rar on your pc (in c:\market) for example url from the market.rar http://dl.free.fr/hR3wuEujb
4. - plug Gen8 device in USB (without USB development option)
5. - copy the directory market on the Gen8 device on the root directory
6. - unplug the device
7. - launch Terminal Emulator
8. - type "cd data/test"
9. - "mkdir -p froyo/system/app"
10. - "cd froyo/system/app"
11. - "cp /sdcard/market/*.apk ."
12. - "ls -l" to check that all the apk are here
13. - reboot and enjoy
then i installed youtube from market and it works!