Received it yesterday
3. Amazon 132Ôé¼
4. not yet
I bought an Archos 7 Home Tablet 8G two months ago (had been sold on Ebay by a guy who bought it two months before
) and entered this forum for the custom ROMs. I did quite a lot of testing and posting
there. The tablet was very good for reading e-books and rather good for web-surfing and not good at all for either playing or watching viedeo (especially when I updated to custom ROM with 2.1 Eclair).
So I was missing something.
Then I saw the videos of the Archos 7 IT and how smooth it was running.
So buying this one and selling the other would be an additional investment of 130Ôé¼.
It came yesterday.
1. Menus and screens are a lot smoother
2. WiFi has a striking better range, resolution - never lost contact so far
3. Video being with no artefacts and not stuttering
4. 3D-games look very good
5. Internet is very smooth, Flash is working fine
6. Youtube is working fine
7. Easy installation/deinstallation of GAPPS with ArcTools (load with applibs)
9. responsive screen with pitch-and-zoom
1. Frame and screen very sensitive to fingerprints
2. During installation of bigger apps (Aldiko Premium, Teamviewer) it hanged up and needed to be resetted
3. Music Player did not look for albums on SD-card (might just be a setting)
4. Plastig frame seems to be a bit more filigrane than the Home Tablet
5. No switch to lock the device from accidently being switched on
After all I am still pretty impressed. I tried the Samsung tab before in the store and it did not look much faster in normal operation.
I am a bit worried about all the post dealing with a broken screen. I guess I will have to be just a bit careful transporting it in a suitable cover.