Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:54 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:54 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

1- First point my arm doesnt hurt from carrying around my very heavy laptop (left that at home ;)
2- Tethered it to my Droid phone 3g mobile hotspot (worked like a charm on the train ride i took) it was awesome.
Sat across from someone using an ipad MAN THAT THING IS BIG and in this case imo bigger is not better.
3- The battery held up great! Two hours of streaming stock quotes, a couple of hours of web surfing, reading on the kindle, a little angry birds play, showed off some photos and i still have 70% battery left.
4-I was working this thing hard and i have to say the Task killer came in handy. I closed down some apps when it slowed a little and it helped make the 70 zippy.
5- Loved the screen size its perfect.

6- My fingers hurt a little from typing though. maybe not used to typing this way or in combo with the way i am holding the unit. I missed my laptop a little as i loved the 70 but i couldnt be as productive. i couldnt cut and paste the same, resize windows etc... never the less it was still great and i doubt i will be bringing my laptop anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:27 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Cool -- good for you!! Thanks for sharing.

Depending on how long your train ride is, and how much productivity you NEED to get done, you could always get a foldable bluetooth keyboard. While I have no need for one, I have to admit that I am looking for one. The Freedom Pro Keyboard looks pretty nice. I think I would want as to close to "real" keys as possible, so that knocks out the rollable silicone ones.

All the best!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:32 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I have the (sort of pricey but nice) Apple compact aluminum bluetooth keyboard.

It is about the same size as the A70, and comfortable to type on, but still very light and portable.

Glad you're enjoying your A70. I, too, find the excessive fingerprints to be annoying. but, I am learning to get used to it. I have a little polypropylene polishing cloth from one of those screen protector kits, and I throw that in the bag with the A70 and just clean it periodically.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:54 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

rchos_fan wrote:
Cool -- good for you!! Thanks for sharing.

Depending on how long your train ride is, and how much productivity you NEED to get done, you could always get a foldable bluetooth keyboard. While I have no need for one, I have to admit that I am looking for one. The Freedom Pro Keyboard looks pretty nice. I think I would want as to close to "real" keys as possible, so that knocks out the rollable silicone ones.

All the best!

Thanks for the idea on the keyboard I will look into it if need be. I dont think i need one but i do need cut and paste that works better. I tried Dolphin Browser which I love but I also loaded up Opera because the cut and paste feature in that browser is AWESOME!

Bouldergeek wrote:
I have the (sort of pricey but nice) Apple compact aluminum bluetooth keyboard.

It is about the same size as the A70, and comfortable to type on, but still very light and portable.

Glad you're enjoying your A70. I, too, find the excessive fingerprints to be annoying. but, I am learning to get used to it. I have a little polypropylene polishing cloth from one of those screen protector kits, and I throw that in the bag with the A70 and just clean it periodically.

Haha me too! I clean the screen with the cloth problem solved :) more fingerprints clean again. wash and repeat!

Hope you both are enjoying as well!! :)