Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:35 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:20 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

yes this solution is ok
see that
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=37910

for the soft, i use navigon !

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:25 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

AH, gotcha, yes I agree. For modern cars with UV windows, an external GPS is always better.

I used to have a Garmin GPS10 a few years back, great unit, left it stuck on the top of a Rental Car in the US... :(

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:59 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hey Charbax, I would love to see the pdf performance of this thing. Especially for large files (lets say 100 pages). I have really still concerrns about the Ram, but these tablets would be ideal for scientific papers or e-(news)papers.
Could you make a video of it?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:17 am 
Archos User
Archos User

czeby wrote:
Hey Charbax, I would love to see the pdf performance of this thing. Especially for large files (lets say 100 pages). I have really still concerrns about the Ram, but these tablets would be ideal for scientific papers or e-(news)papers.

I tested the pdf reader on HTC LEgend (600 MHz CPU, 384 MB RAM). Opened 60 MB pdf file (Eyewitness Travel Guide) which has a lot of figures, text and much more than 100 pages. The speed was acceptable. Considering the CPU and RAM, I guess it will be the same or better on A70.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:22 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

bbm wrote:
czeby wrote:

I tested the pdf reader on HTC LEgend (600 MHz CPU, 384 MB RAM). Opened 60 MB pdf file (Eyewitness Travel Guide) which has a lot of figures, text and much more than 100 pages. The speed was acceptable. Considering the CPU and RAM, I guess it will be the same or better on A70.

I don't see why the pdf reader would need to load the whole document into memory.
I have been using 1000+ long manuals at PC and do not remember seeing any memory problems.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:34 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

does anyone know what the ram is in the Archos 70 and the Archos 101 i can not find this info any where thanks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:58 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

paul12345 wrote:
does anyone know what the ram is in the Archos 70 and the Archos 101 i can not find this info any where thanks

All devices have the same amount of RAM memory.
As I have not seen a review of 10.1 but the 4.3 and 7.0 have the 256.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:10 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

jkajolin wrote:
paul12345 wrote:

All devices have the same amount of RAM memory.
As I have not seen a review of 10.1 but the 4.3 and 7.0 have the 256.

ok thanks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

pascanu wrote:
Charbax, cajl we need more videos (alternative browsers, launchers, games etc.). We are dying here!

OK, I'll work on that today. Yesterday I got hooked on Angry Birds, playing it for like 10 hours straight (good battery test), after reading about it in here, it works perfect, both Lite and 1.3.5 full versions.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:46 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Charbax wrote:
pascanu wrote:
Charbax, cajl we need more videos (alternative browsers, launchers, games etc.). We are dying here!

OK, I'll work on that today. Yesterday I got hooked on Angry Birds, playing it for like 10 hours straight (good battery test), after reading about it in here, it works perfect, both Lite and 1.3.5 full versions.

Actually we should firm up a list of things to test and show haha.

My suggestions

- Adobe Reader reading a pdf magazine (intensive book)
- one multitouch game
- one high quality video
- one high intensive website
- one test running alot of background apps and test list scrolling through 100+ items (a good candidate is TweetDeck)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:04 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

i am really waiting for some new videos. I have been watching this forum for sometime but i just started posting.
i already preordered the 101 but i would really like to watch some videos of the 101 running 3d games ( i am concerned about the cpu capability on running 3d games smoothly at higher resolution), just like the video charbax made for the 43

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:05 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Charbax wrote:
pascanu wrote:

OK, so you tested battery life. How would you qualify it: good, very good, out of this world?
Very anxious to see more videos from you!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:45 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

humblepie wrote:
Charbax wrote:
pascanu wrote:

Actually we should firm up a list of things to test and show haha.

My suggestions

- Adobe Reader reading a pdf magazine (intensive book)
- one multitouch game
- one high quality video
- one high intensive website
- one test running alot of background apps and test list scrolling through 100+ items (a good candidate is TweetDeck)

say please .....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:52 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Please, please, please :p

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:13 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Pretty please :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:31 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Some requests, if you have time maybe you can try some of these out. I'm planning on getting a 101 and the 70 seems to have the same features.

RDP = Does android RDP allow 1:1 screen emulation with windows RDP? Does it pass multitouch controls to windows 7? Does it allow real time video streaming over the RDP (Win7->Win7 video/audio is perfectly synced and runs at full FPS even when in full screen). Essentially, i'm asking if i can use this tablet as a dumb terminal.

Keyboard = Are there split keyboards available? The toshiba libretto got the virtual keyboard right IMO. You can thumbtype on a iPod, but not on an iPad. Toshiba's solution was to split the keyboard within thumbs reach. Is it possible on the Archos?

Can you plug in a USB Hub?

Can you connect any exotic peripherals? Like a DVD writer? TV tuner? Cellphones? iPod? 3G Modem?

Can you connect a webcam? (You can't do augmented reality without a back camera)

When you connect it to a PC, does it show up as a thumbdrive? Can you access the card slot? If i hook up a china MP5 player to my PC, two new drives appear, does it work the same on the Archos?

If you were to load a comic book reader (CBR, CBZ) and scale to fit the screen is it readable?

Does the video player support embedded subtitles and multiple audio tracks? (I watch anime)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:53 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Hajile_Ibushi wrote:
Can you plug in a USB Hub?

Passive:
On 70 micro-B USB outputs 100mA current you can add USB hub, but I think only one or two will work, flash disk... card reader if supported...
On 101 situation is a bit better, it's a 500mA output but you can't run bunch devices at once that consume too much power.

I think 70&101 would work just fine whit active USB hub, since it has it's own power source and can power all devices connected to it, if they are supported by OS

Hajile_Ibushi wrote:
Can you connect any exotic peripherals? Like a DVD writer? TV tuner? Cellphones? iPod? 3G Modem?

DVD drive maybe for reading, don't think writing would work (is there any Android based stand alone burner?)
TV don't think so (drivers?)
Cellphone, as mass storage device yes, but as modem.?!?.
3G modem, probably yes

Hajile_Ibushi wrote:
When you connect it to a PC, does it show up as a thumbdrive? Can you access the card slot? If i hook up a china MP5 player to my PC, two new drives appear, does it work the same on the Archos?

Since USB ports are MSD yes, card should be accessible too

All these should be tested :)
I think Charbax is too busy playing games...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:40 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Charbax wrote:
pascanu wrote:

Charbax can you please test RDC apps like phone my pc or logmein. Any remote app will do just like to see if these apps take advantage of the screen and how smooth the functionality is.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:44 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Hajile_Ibushi wrote:
RDP = Does android RDP allow 1:1 screen emulation with windows RDP? Does it pass multitouch controls to windows 7? Does it allow real time video streaming over the RDP (Win7->Win7 video/audio is perfectly synced and runs at full FPS even when in full screen). Essentially, i'm asking if i can use this tablet as a dumb terminal.

There are several very good RDP and VNC clients for android. The best I've come across is PhoneMyPc which does an excelent job at streaming live video but unfortunately it doesn't have support for sound (it's been promised for very long, hasn't happened yet).

RDP: http://www.cyrket.com/search?q=rdp&market=android
VNC: http://www.cyrket.com/search?market=android&q=vnc

Last edited by pascanu on Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:51 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

soldieroftheone wrote:
Charbax wrote:
pascanu wrote:

Charbax can you please test RDC apps like phone my pc or logmein. Any remote app will do just like to see if these apps take advantage of the screen and how smooth the functionality is.

There's no reason these apps shouldn't work, screen size is irrelevant as the resolution is 800*480, same as many Android phones (including my Desire). The A101 is another story, no need to ask charbax as he doesn't yet have one. Or do you charbax?! :shock:

The reason why I still wish the Galaxy Tab will sell is that it has a resolution of 1024*600, same as the A101, and if the GT does well chances are that developers will update their apps to support this higher resolution.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next