Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:43 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:10 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Hey guys I found this case below to be pefect for Archos 70 both HDD and Flash versions. I'm also using the same for my Galaxy tab.
It only cost 5.00 at Office Depot. It's really business card holder....I then remove all the card holder inside. ...and then use the small coins size velcro as many as I want to...(I have 5 on the back of the tablet...four on each corner and 1 in the middle).

The case is perfect size since it does not increase the tablet volume much but has enough protection around it. So the tablet still fit in my pants pockets and jacket (suit) pockets.... Most other case has either less protection, much more...or a little to big...

Also the case has a few pocket inside where you fit micros sds. I just put the micro sd in the small plastic bag for extra security.

Also the case can be use as stand. Just flip it around and snap it and voila: you can use the snapper as kick stand.... If pictures are needed please ask for ...them.

IN total you'll spend $7.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/6 ... der-Black/

Velcro Coins Size: I bought mine @ Walmart....but Office Depot also has some like below

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/5 ... ers-Coins/

The below coupon gives you 10% off. Then choose pick in store and you can get your stuff the same with no shipping fee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:31 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I'm curious. How did you fit a 7.91 x 4.49 inch Archos into a 3 x 4 inch case?

Seems to me you'd have a little bit of overlap.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:57 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Good question...it seems they have couple version of this both around the same price. But I checked into the other version and still the dimensions they give do not fit my measurements. May be they are using measurements of the business holder --- which I've removed out.
Mine is 7 3/4' to 9 1/2' when laid down..
Believe me it fits perfectly for Archos. For My Galaxy Tab not perfect because it's a little thicker. But I still prefer it since it's the only case which snug fit thus still allowing me to pocket the tablet...
In the store I saw they are now $5.00 Just take your tablet there and test for yourself. Here my picture with the Galaxy...I have since given my Archos to a friend.

Here are some pictures:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:20 am 
Archos User
Archos User

You are right. Typical Office Depot description was incorrect. I've been using the case for a week now with no problems. Only change I made to your suggestion was that I used 3M picture hangers instead of Velcro tabs. That way I can easily removed without scarring the Archos. Thanks for the tip.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:01 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Quote:
I used 3M picture hangers

Can you elaborate ?
I am not sure what they are.
Thanks !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:20 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

TinyJWR wrote:
You are right. Typical Office Depot description was incorrect. I've been using the case for a week now with no problems. Only change I made to your suggestion was that I used 3M picture hangers instead of Velcro tabs. That way I can easily removed without scarring the Archos. Thanks for the tip.

Great it works for you. I Like the protection..just enough and the exact size which keep the tablet able to fit my pocket.

I will buy another one to save as a spare in case they raise the price or decide to not produce it again.

Personally I rarelly have to remove the tablet from the case since I can use the case as a stand.
That's why I used 5 velcro. But even two of them would be enough to keep it in place.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:34 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Quote:
jfl asked:

Can you elaborate ?
I am not sure what they are.

http://www.amazon.com/Command-17204-Med ... B000M3YGOQ