Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:39 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:44 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Dear Archos friends,
I'm looking for a flexible silicone keyboard bluetooth for my Archos 70. I saw the Chinfai keyboard, that Charbax used in his video review. Could you help me to find other keyboard like this (but not Chinfai)? Do these keyboards work well?

I could also be interested in foldable keyboard (also not in silicone but always bluetooth).

Thank you! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:58 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

For a foldable keyboard search for XTBT01. I have the Dell branded one but it is made by iGo. Not 100% sure of its compatibility with Archos 70 yet, though. My initial attempt at pairing have failed but it seems like someone here got one to work. It does work well with an Archos 9.

Can't help with the silicone keyboard but I just got a USB one from merimobiles.com that works well. Lightweight, packs small and it does not slide around a desktop. It is, however, useless for laptop use 8) .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:06 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

steveb625 wrote:
For a foldable keyboard search for XTBT01. I have the Dell branded one but it is made by iGo. Not 100% sure of its compatibility with Archos 70 yet, though. My initial attempt at pairing have failed but it seems like someone here got one to work. It does work well with an Archos 9.

Thank you for the response! :D
The Xtbt01 is a very very good keyboard, but it's a little bit expensive and, living in Italy, it's not easy to find.. And then it could be drivers problem with Archos 70.. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:58 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Certain that it makes a certain effect to write in English to another italian utent. Writing in macheronic English like this should make it more divertent.

Ok, seriously, I have a question for you: what do you need the keyboard for? If it is for playing games which require a full keyboard, ok, you need it. If it is just for typing quickly, but you don't have a strict requirement, have a look at Ultra Keyboard. Keys will be so big on the screen that you will be writing *very* fast. Not as fast as on a QWERTY keyboard, but if you don't have a specific need of typing super-fast, this is going to be OK 99% of the time and you will not be carrying with you an extra item (the keyboard). If you just need to be able to remotely input text to the device, for example for browsing the internet on the TV while laid on the sofa, have a look at something like this: http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0444611724.

This is not exactly what you asked for, I hope it helps you anyway. :)

EDIT: I still think that you should consider what I have written above, but in any case here it is a bluetooth silicone keyboard:
http://cgi.ebay.it/Wireless-Bluetooth-F ... 23098badf6

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:49 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I bought a bluetooth keyboard and 2 leather cases from this place and I feel the quality is acceptable but did not get this keyboard. Shipping is expensive since it comes from China but they ship quickly and I got my package in just 3 days.

http://www.ankaka.com/flexible-bluetoot ... 46685.html

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:25 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

If you haven't bought one yet or if someone else is trying to get a flexible silicone bluetooth keyboard. Come check out our keyboards.
Available in 5 colors. Black, white, blue, green and pink. Silicone keyboards