Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:09 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:10 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi all I thought I would start a topic where people can list keyboards they've found that work well with the Archos Gen8s and a little about them (good bad etc).
I am actually typing this right now on an Apple keyboard I picked up today at Best Buy (canada).
$70 and works great - easy pairing (took 30 seconds). F keys do some functions.

Only thing that would be great is an app that let's me map some F keys (as this would not be keyboards fault but android interpretation of keys). There are mulitmedia keys marked on F keys - but don't work for volume or music control.

Keyboard is pretty responsive, and although small - I'm managing around 50 wpm on it with limited mistakes. Uses double A batteries so you don't have to worry about charging when you need it etc.

Here is the link to the info at Bestbuy.ca. Here's an image:

With this, a targus stylus, and the Documents to go - I'm a portable office that fits in a small leather portfolio.

Mod Edit:
To all posters: If you are not posting a working Bluetooth keyboard then your post will be deleted. Please ask questions in other topics.

Allen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:27 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Logitech Dinovo Mini works.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

dedalum wrote:
Logitech Dinovo Mini works.

I second this, with a caveat.

Even though it is a BlueTooth keyboard, I get better/more consistent results using the included USB dongle instead of directly pairing it via BlueTooth.

Also, it seems to have the issue I've heard other places about the arrow keys not working as expected.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:18 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I have two BT KB/TP: 1) The ProMini and 2) The SolidTek. Both function the same way.

1. The ProMini from Amazon USA is the Rii Mini with some stickers on the box:

2. The SolidTek from Amazon USA:

Allen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:03 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have been using this Adesso bluetooth keyboard/touchpad for a few weeks now, works great, if you don't mind using a basically full size keyboard.

http://www.adesso.com/en/component/content/article/43-wireless-keyboards/126-wkb-4000bb.html

Post subject: Mini Bluetooth Keyboard
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:14 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I have just received this Mini (about the size of a mobile phone)
bluetooth keyboard from Amazon. £14.78

It works perfectly with my Archos 101 and should work with any
android device with bluetooth.

It works with the android keyboard or swiftkey selected as the
input method.

To pair it with the archos, go to settings/wireless and network/bluetooth
settings, scan for new devices. click the new device that pops up in the list,
press the pair button on the keyboard and when prompted on the archos to
type in a pin (0000, 1234 or any pin of your choice), put in the pin on the
archos and click ok, then type the same pin on the keyboard and press return/enter.

I can now use this and a wireless mouse together when the archos is connected to
my TV or monitor via HDMI, (or just when the archos is propped up on the desk).

Its plasticy and has rubber keys like an old school calculator, but its very light and
compact, I think its definately worth £14.78. It comes with a mini CD with a manual
on it, a faux leather sleeve and a micro usb to usb power cable to charge the battery
and it also includes a fold out stand for your tablet/phone which is actually quite good.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:28 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Have the same keyboard and agree with the above message. I use it for longer emails and notes rather then the soft keyboard.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:55 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Works with my Hp Ipaq keyboard. direction keys are mapped for portrait mood and can't be used to control video player in HDMI mood :(
currently looking for a better keyboard

I bought this for my Ipaq 210 along time ago but here is one of the places you can find this keyboard

http://www.amazon.com/HP-FA802AA-iPAQ-F ... B000MTFCZ2

Please keep in mind that the hot keys are configured for winmo and might have a diffrent reaction then intended. other then that it is a good keyboard for typing

Last edited by Vespernova7 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:34 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

If you have posted about a BT KB which works then it stopped working because of a firmware update, please edit your OP with this information.

This topic is only for working BT KBs. To resolve a problem or ask a question use other topics. For example: BT Keyboards Failing under FW 2.1.02/03

Allen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:48 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

iGo Stowaway works with A43, froyo 2.0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:19 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Just got this one off the Amazon USA website and works great for the Archos 70 250gb. Not a perfect fit but better than most. Check it out. it is actually designed for the Samsung Galaxy but worked great for me: Link.

I will try and upload some picks later with the tablet inside. Posted my quick review on Amazon as well. Any questions feel free to contact me.

Best,

Eddie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:31 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Dell branded iGo Stowaway works w/ A70, firmware 2.1.08. Arrow keys work correctly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:44 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I successfully paired the Macally BlueTooth keyboard to my Archos 70IT 8GB. It is advertised by Macally as an apple keyboard replacement. When I bought it from Amazon it was about $10 cheaper, so for $35 a good alternative to the Apple Wireless keyboard, which doesn't have the number and navigation keys. This full size keyboard has a great feel, the keys have just the right amount of click for me. However, it is not particularly portable, so I'm using it mostly at home. I originally got it for my iPod Touch 4G, but the screen was just too small, so it's more useful with my Archos 70, easier web surfing and a good companion for my Docs-to-Go application.

Here's the link to Amazon if anyone is interested:

http://www.amazon.com/Macally-BTKey-Wireless-Bluetooth-Keyboard/dp/B000A0C6OS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1299472728&sr=8-2

-- Robert Baker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:52 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I'm using a mini BT keyboard with mouse buttons and pointing device that I got from Amazon for $35 (free shipping). The keyboard is a little tight for touch typing, but I'll make do with it until I find a folding one that I like that is on sale. I do need to unpair when I disconnect because the keyboard never wants to reconnect when I leave it paired. However, I have no problems pairing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:27 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have a mini bluetooth keyboard.Ultra Slim Mini Bluetooth Keyboard for PC PS3 PDA.It's very convenientce.
I get it from:http://www.tmart.com/Ultra-Slim-Mini-Bluetooth-Keyboard-for-PC-PS3-PDA_p117990.html

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:46 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem ... 5968946465

This works pretty good and cheap.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:22 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I use the Microsoft BT KB 6000. No problems. Direction keys, volume and some of the function keys work.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:26 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

AllenPapapetrou wrote:
I have two BT KB/TP: 1) The ProMini and 2) The SolidTek. Both function the same way.

1. The ProMini from Amazon USA is the Rii Mini with some stickers on the box:

2. The SolidTek from Amazon USA:

Allen

Does the touch pad on the pro mini work ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:28 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I have an actual Rii and the trackpad on that works great. I believe that firmware below 2.1.x reverses the axis's so up-down moves left-right and vice versa. But the new firmwares are just fine.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:57 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I just received a Logitech Tablet Keyboard fr Android 3.0+ that I bought from Amazon through Tiger Direct.Pairing was. Little odd since my 43it doesn't seem to want to connect. The way the keyboard wanted to connect but it is paired and working now, typing this on my 43 with it. Key action is decent for a chicklet style keyboard.

Pairing was odd because the keyboard was expecting the Tablet to set a pssword and the tablet was execting the keyboard to have a preset password. The fix was to enter. Password into the tablet and click ok, then enter that same password on the keyboard keys, suddenly there was connection.

Typing has a big lag but I think this is on the 43 end, I'll find out when I connect this keyboard to my Windows tablet on Monday. I haven't tested all the keys yet but the delete key does not work. The volume up and down works, and the home key brings you back to the home screen.

Oddly enough, the caps lock key does not work! The LED turns on but it does not change the case of the letter.

Takes four AAA batteries for power, supplied with 4 new Duracell.

Found a bunch of typos from the keyboard, edited on laptop right next to it to add a product link. It looks just like the apple way up at the top of this thread.
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/1200/8232