Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:02 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:14 am 

Sounds like a defective case. You can see in a few of my pictures how it is supposed to look when it's standing. Mine has never fallen over after I push the back piece out (and I balance it on the arm of my couch quite often).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:14 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

one question, can anybody help to find the manufacture location for the case and screeb protector? I can't find them in China market.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:11 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Evening all. i ordered this case from Newmp3technology on Dec6th... they state it was shipped on Dec 9th..... the postman has come and gone everyday and packages have been received from all over the world....

I form part of a Spanish forum of Archos 101 owners who initially were very interested in this case... today i have opened a PAYPAL dispute against newmp3technology.com for not sending out nor answering my claims....

i will keep you informed about the outcome with newmp3technology.com

rgds

DAS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:12 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I just ordered this case. I ordered the screen protector from them as well as it worked out the same price if not cheaper than the ebay one.

I have read of people with problems with getting their order. Perhaps they were all in the US? Also I know those cases only came in to stock recently as I looked before Chirstmas and they were not available.

Will keep people posted.

They have another case with a built in keyboard but I decided it would make the thing the same size as a netbook and negate the point of a tablet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:57 am 

TaleOfAle wrote:
I have read of people with problems with getting their order. Perhaps they were all in the US? Also I know those cases only came in to stock recently as I looked before Chirstmas and they were not available.

I think I ordered mine the third day that they had them on their site as available. I got mine on December 6th (the same day I posted the review), and it only took like 4 days to get to my house (in Alaska).

I wonder if the delays come from them over-selling the product that they had and had to wait for more to become available.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:56 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

The problem with my order was how the Greensboro sorting center processed the package, which was sent Priority Mail. They treated it as Parcel Post and mine came all the way to Montana via slow trucks--with a 4-day layover in Kansas City, where it bounced between the Kansas City, KS and Kansas City, MO sorting facilities. Actually the very first shipment went out Priority Mail, but without Delivery Confirmation and it has never made it to me. (I suspect the package is in a sorting bin in a mail facility somewhere.) Newmp3technology got a second package shipped to me the day after I contacted them about the first one not arriving. The second was sent Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. It was painful to see the slow progress it made crossing the country by truck. This is my first experience with Priority Mail being treated as Parcel Post. If I buy other products from newmp3technology, I will not choose USPS shipping given how this shipment was handled by the Greensboro sorting facility.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hl655 wrote:
I have this case for the 70 and it seems like it is made to be viewed in landscape mode only. In other words, one of the sides is completely exposed and the Archos can slip out if you are holding it in portrait mode. I am trying to think of a do-it-yourself solution to fix this design flaw. :?

Thank you!!!!

At last.

I was thinking that I was the only person that considered the open end to be a serious design flaw. On three separate occasions I have almost dropped it because I opened it the "wrong".

I can't understand what was going through the mind of the brainiac that decided "ooh, the insertion point for this case should be from the bottom " :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:27 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Well, i ordered Archos 101 case and screen protector on Jan 03 at newmp3technology. They said my order was sent on Jan 04. But up to now, i didn't received my package yet. There is no tracking number or email confirmation when you ordered from newmp3technology :(.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:23 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Be wary about ordering from them. Check out this discussion as well: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=45252

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:03 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Today I received my A101 anti-glare screen protector. The same one from the ebay seller Harfainx linked.

I am very impressed with the packaging, the instructions, the tools, and the three instructional videos. My A101 is no longer a mirror, indoor and outdoor use is vastly improved.

Thanks again Harfainx =D>

Allen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:17 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I got my case, and it is fantastic.

The vendor, however, is not. They make every excuse in the world:

"You made a pre-order" (yes... and they took three weeks to get it out after it was IN stock and mailed
"You didn't order the right kind of shipping"
"You are being rude"

AND they lowered the price while I was waiting for the case and offered nothing.

Holy cow - not very customer oriented, but they have great products. I won't buy from them again - I'll source out something else - and that really is too bad, because the case is great.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:57 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

flyswatter wrote:
Mine arrvied today. The build quality is excellent. $40 was a tad steep, but not so much that I would call it over priced. As mentioned in the original post, the strap/latch/lock assembly is stiff; I suspect it will losen up a bit in time. I would prefer a lower viewing angle from the stand, but other than that minor quibble, I'm very statisfied with the case.

I thought $40.00 was high too till I found cases as high as $113.00 for the 101.
A case to protect anything should not cost 1/3 the price of the item

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:09 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

luckyday wrote:
Well, i ordered Archos 101 case and screen protector on Jan 03 at newmp3technology. They said my order was sent on Jan 04. But up to now, i didn't received my package yet. There is no tracking number or email confirmation when you ordered from newmp3technology :(.

The Postal service is really bad.
They mess up on 1 of every 3 packages and lose 1 out of 4 of my packages.
The last sat in a sort facility for 14 days.
Another sat in a facility for 10 days.
Two others were lost completely.
Another was sent to the wrong Post Office.
And yet another was also sent to a wrong Post office, because it had the wrong zip code, and
they said they corrected the zip and forwarded it on. I never got it.
All this in the past 10 months.
Use UPS whenever possible.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:23 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I Just got the newmp3 technology leather case for my Archos 101, I ordered it on Sunday and received on Wednesday via U.S Postal Service First Class. I am very happy with the case , it is thick and substantial with out being to heavy or bulky . It really protects the 101 nicely. I originally had a neoprene zippered 10in netbook case that didn't do anything other than being a floppy mess. One of the drawbacks to the 101 is that it can feel frail, vulnerable and easily scratched . The case itself is a leather folio, with boards on both sides. It does not look cheap ,as the leather is thick ,mat and plain. I originally thought of a Noreve case but decided against it because it left the back of 101 too exposed , although openings for the speakers and the stands are a nice idea, they can be openings where dust and grit can enter, clogging the speakers, scratching the back and in a worst case scenario enter the unit itself . This is a design flaw of the 101 itself ,where the seams between the metal battery covers and the plastic back do not seam very well sealed. I am not concerned about the case issue with the leather cover being doubled over and used as a stand, which can be awkward and unreliable , I remove the 101 instead, if I need to use the kickstand . I have not have problems with the speakers being muffled, in fact on some youtube videos the bass sounds richer. Right now the newmp3 technology case seems to be the best. I finally feel comfortable bringing my 101 with me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:43 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Couldn't agree more with you!!

Just got mine a couple days ago and worth every penny.

A must have for A101 owners!

AllenPapapetrou wrote:
Today I received my A101 anti-glare screen protector. The same one from the ebay seller Harfainx linked.

I am very impressed with the packaging, the instructions, the tools, and the three instructional videos. My A101 is no longer a mirror, indoor and outdoor use is vastly improved.

Thanks again Harfainx =D>

Allen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:36 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

I am stumped.

I ordered this case from Newmp3 and when it arrived there seemed to be something wrong. The cutouts for the screen and the camera were too far to the right, even so that 2 mm of the screen and camera's left side were covered by the case bezel (I hope I'm being clear enough. I don't have a camera handy here).

After I told the seller, they simply sent me a new case, no questions asked. Great, I thought, that is some customer service. The new case arrived, and it turned out to have the same defect as the first one! Now when I look at the pictures in this thread, I see all other cases fitting perfectly and I'm starting to wonder whether the problem might not be my 101.

Does anyone know if Archos made any physical changes between production runs of the 101, especially to the screen bezels or the left and right edges of the device? It sounds silly, but the alternative is that I managed to receive two identically flawed cases from Newmp3, and that seems even more impossible.

As for the seller, they have already offered me a full refund. They're OK people in my book.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:14 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

As I look at my 101 from the front, it is perfectly symmetrical. The bezel size identical for the bit with the cam on the left and its mirrored bit on the right. Same with the actual metal bezel bit around the screen itself. Not sure if I'm helpful or not.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:22 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Ok, so is mine. I guess then that Newmp3's manufacturer goofed up a batch of cases, and the replacement I got was from the same batch. It's not easy to see the offset by eye without a device inside, so you can't really blame the shipping people (been there, done that, got chewed out).

In any case (ha ha ha. See how I made a pun there? I crack me up), I already told Newmp3 about my manufacturing suspicions and they're looking into it. If anyone else has a 101 case - the one without keyboard - coming from them, check and report it back to the seller.

I'll keep y'all posted now...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:02 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

I ordered the case from NewMp3 .. and got it via normal post in about 12 days.

Seems to fit perfectly, though I wish it hadn't to be put in "up-side down" ... it seems the camera app doesn't rotate 180 degrees. But maybe I can find another camera app where I don't have to maneouver the UI upside-down :)

Case feels sturdy, and it is such a snug fit, that it seems unlikely that the tablet will slid out of the bottom of it, as someone had expressed concerns about. Though I do think it would have been a better design decision to slide in from the side.

Now I just need to put on the screen protector from ebay ... though it doesn't exacly look like it is anti-glare, maybe it will be once it gets on the screen :) .... hope I don't screw that up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:43 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

If you got ele-pop's protector, then it has three layers. The two outside layers are not anti-glare and come off.

Patience, grasshopper.

Allen