Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:53 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:22 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I bought thise case to. Its a fine good looking case. There is one problem. De case will not easey stand up as on your photo. Am i doing something wrong?

Frako

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:37 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Owner of Archos 101 screen protector (from ele-pop), could you comment if it's hard to apply the screen? Does it use glue, liquid?

thanks,

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:47 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Aloha hulala73,

Welcome to our forum :)

The ele-pop was the first screen protector I've ever used. The shipping time from China was well worth the wait.

The instructions were very good. But the best thing for me were the web videos. I had to fiddle to get the links to work. They had 3 or 4 videos which showed the entire process with all the tools needed including wearing latex gloves and using clear wide packing tape to remove dust, lint, and smudge marks.

There is no liquid or adhesive used. The video showed removing bubbles and dust found after applying the protector.

The most important tools I brought to the process were: patience and persistence. I do have two very small bubbles which I saw later and I haven't removed yet. When I do I expect the process to go very smoothly (with patience and persistence).

I'm very grateful to Harfainx for bringing the ele-pop protector to our attention and very pleased with the protector.

Allen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:06 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thank you, AllenPapapetrou. I have been watch the forum for a while, you guys are very helpful.
Still waiting for my 101 to come, but I will order the screen protector as it's a must to have.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:47 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I too ordered the ele-pop screen protector from ebay and am VERY pleased with the results.

Shipping takes a little while from Hong Kong but they were no different in time than several other items I have bought from there recently.

Applying the protector was (for me) a lot easier than the instructional video's they link you to in the install instructions. I could have had it on and be off and running in about 2 minutes if I'd have just jumped right in with it.

There are 2 protective films on the actual protector. And two peel tabs with numbers (1 and 2) on them to let you know the order of removal for them.

The only way I screwed up was that I was a little off center vertically so there is a bigger gap on the left of the screen but its not enough to cause issues.

I didn't have to use anything but my bare hands. I had to peel it back twice to work out a couple of bubbles, after that, holding the film at a very low angle and slowly peeling the first protective layer back allowed the film to fall evenly on the screen.

When I got the end, I peeled off the corner with the 2nd pull tab and allowed that to lay down before pulling it off completely and allowing the final corner to come to rest.

Holding the Archos up to a 40w halogen bulb, I can still read the screen. I think this will work great outdoors when/if the sun ever comes back out again.

I definitely recommend the protector from ele-pop. - Just be prepared for a couple / few weeks for shipping.