Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:46 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Skinomi Archos 101 Skin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

So, the skin from Skinomi, that I bought for my Archos 101 came in today, I followed the directions, and put it on. It looks terrible to say the least, it has bubbles, and marks, and visible wrinkles, does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix it?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:14 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I had the same problem. I took it off and re-applied it, and then did it again. I did the wet mount a few times, and a dry mount, and it still looked bad. I even let it sit overnight, but it still looked awful the next day. Thinking I could get past the bubbles and smudges, the device started to have a mind of its own. Buttons would press when you pressing on the other side of the screen, or wouldn't press at all, etc. I took it off, it works much better. Though I'm still looking for a screen protector, for now it works.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:34 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I made the mistake of ordering the Skinomi Skin Protector for $25. It's the full body protective cover. When I first applied it, I thought my Archos 101 looked like garbage. I waited 7 hours for it to dry and thought it would look better. I was wrong. My 101 now looks worse than garbage. The full body skin looks like somebody stuck scotch tape all over it. I couldn't stand it anymore . . . so . . . I just peeled the whole thing off. What a waste of $25.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have purchased and applied the skinomi screen protector on my 101 with no problems. I used the wet application and took my time, paying extra attention to minimize as many bubbles as possible with the provided applicator. I have had no problem. After 48 hours of drying, all bubble have evaporated and disappeared. Just take your time... One of the best screen protectors I've ever used. I have them on all my electronics.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi all, I put the screen protector on from Skinomi and it went on pretty easily. At first it had odd looking hazing under the skin but after it set over night they dried and went away.
My problem is that now when I first turn the Archos on the search button on the top right keeps acting like I am presseing it. It lights up and goes to the search screen and still keeps lighting like I am pressing it over and over again.
I have even cut out the skin right over the button and this seems to help but still on occasion it goes to search for no reason. Is anyone else having this problem?