Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:59 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:42 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Please post some pictures if own the case of Tuff-Luv
http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/cn=/c=573/sku=5055205289403

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:48 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

That one hasn't been released yet.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:11 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Anyone found a case to carry the A70 IT 250 GB HDD version? Mine is to arrive tomorrow and I'll be able to compare it with the 8 GB version in thickness, etc, but anyone have a lead on a case for the 250GB version?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:38 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I had a Kindle 2 tim buk 2 sleeve case with flap from Amazon for my Kindle and the 70 250gb does fit in it with a little room to spare

http://www.amazon.com/Timbuk2-Display-G ... 972&sr=8-4

I am looking for something a bit more protective, but this will do for now. Gives you an idea for size.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:21 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

FoxzMan wrote:
I just received a mail from Noreve and they have a leather case for the A101. I'm really thinking of buying one, as it makes the tablet more sophisticated.

http://www.noreve.com/product_info.php?products_id=2425

Characteristics
- Elegant case conceived in top quality handcrafted leather
- For Archos 101 Internet Tablet
- Access to basic functions (multiple openings on the leather)
- Practical thanks to its magnetic button closure
- Slim and padded design
- Protects the device in an optimal manner
- Three business card slots
- Two Micro SD card slots
- Beautiful interior lining embossed with the Noreve logo
- Possibility of holding the case in an upright position

Can anyone tell me the price on this? This is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. No price listed but it looks like it will be back in stock Monday.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

The basic is Ôé¼59,99
You can customize it, but it will be expensive

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:31 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

sannennas wrote:
The basic is Ôé¼59,99
You can customize it, but it will be expensive

I won't be customizing it and that's probably more than I'm looking to spend. I just bougt a decent ase for my wife's color nook for $15USD & was prepared to spnd 2x that on a case that wa nice but 6x tht amount is a bit steep.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:32 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm considering this one: http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/cn=/c ... 5205289403 or the one from newmp3technology.com
These are not that expensive ;)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:25 am 
Archos User
Archos User

M-edge Kindle DX case.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:54 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Has anyone heard of a hard case for this tablet? and by hard case I mean like a hard plastic or metal case for it like a cell phone case to prevent damage.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:55 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

oh and I didnt specify...I have the archos 10.1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:31 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Found a "Griffin Elan Case", (made for a Barnes & Noble Nook.) Fits the Archos 70 IT perfectly. It's secured in place with four corner straps & has a rigid flip style cover with open ends to easily access the various side ports & controls. Will upload photo later.`

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Just ordered the Tuf-Luv case from I-nique's web site. (England) Looks like they are in stock now for both the Archos 70 8GB and Archos 101. Around $54.00 American dollars for the Archos 70 8GB.
Good Luck, might take a couple weeks b4 arriving.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:48 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ordered the tuff luv yesterday frim the uk site and shipped today. Will post thoughts after it arrives.

For those thinking about it, cheaper to order through them direct rather than amazon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:11 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I bought this at bestbuy, of course for double the price.

http://www.amazon.com/Rocketfish-Case-M ... B004FK8R6K

bestbuy has nook/kindle cases. I found the nook to be a better fit, kindle too short.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:27 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Just ordered the tuff-luv case for the A70, too. Have one already for my Kindle2, verry happy with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:03 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I bit the bullet and ordered the Noreves on for a whopping $85USD shipped. It should be here tomorrow. Sure hope it's as good as it looks because nothing else I tried was worth a squirt of piss. I may take my 101 down to Otterbox since they're just down the road from me. See if they can work their magic.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:52 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

just spent the extra money on the tuff luv for my A101. should be worth it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:13 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have purchased a case or two from Noreve in the past. They are expensive, but you get what you pay for: quality craftsmanship and very nice, authentic leather. The price may sting, but you'll love the case nonetheless.

While I await my official Archos case via Amazon, I have purchased a couple of other cases from around the interwebs; some are awful, some are quite good, and I thought I would list them here for you. I took some nice photos as well, but as I'm a Forum newb I can't work out how to upload them for you to see. Anywho, I'll include the URL as these were all found via a simple Google search for "7 inch tablet case".

No.1: Leather case for apad 7 inch tablet PC from iOffer
http://www.ioffer.com/i/leather-case-for-apad-7-inch-tablet-pc-169589917

The best so far has been the most difficult to receive, and the one that caused me the most concern. The "Leather case for apad 7 inch tablet PC" was bought from notorious scam site iOffer, although I didn't even research the scam stuff until after they kept me waiting for any kind of email confirmation. The item took about a month to deliver, and although they responded quickly to all my shipping delay complaints, the responses were oblique at best. When I got fed up with waiting and asked for a full refund, they merely thanked me for my patience. Nice!

Anyway, it finally arrived today, and you know what? It's a very nice case that fits my Archos 70 8GB perfectly. It is of the corner-strappy variety, but the straps are small enough that they do not impede any of the ports at all. The only concern is that one of the straps covers the volume rocker, but it still doesn't impede it's function. It's small & light, and leathery enough on the inside that you can smell it, while the outside feels like some kind of inoffensive plastic coating. It appears to be very well made, and sturdy enough to protect the tablet should I ever drop it. I got the one with the red trim as it seemed to look the best, but they do come in a variety of colours.

No.2: 7 inch Carry Case pouch for Apad T-Touch Tablet
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/7-INCH-CARRY-CASE-pouch-APAD-T-TOUCH-SMARTQ-V7-GALAXY_W0QQitemZ180602402288QQihZ008QQcategoryZ56170QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The first case to arrive caused the least amount of trouble and was found on ebay via reseller ozcoinshop. I imagine this was also originally produced for the Apad tablet like the first case I mentioned, but is a different case in every way. It is soft & flexible, with a zipper running half way around, providing a pouch-like covering for the Archos. I like this case because I am a fan of the slipcase-style, and it is roomy enough for me to include a screen cleaning cloth as well. While it is bulkier than the other cases I mention here, it is also protective in it's own way with it's slightly spongy feel. A nice back-up case.

The only negatives are the feel of the "skin" covering this case and the general appearance. It feels slightly greasy to touch, although no actual residue is present -- it's just the effect of the plastic covering, but I always feel like I need to wash my hands after handling this case. Also, and I do not mean any offence when I say this, but it is the most "Asian" of all the cases. Let me clarify this outrageous statement: when I shop online, I mostly look for gadgets and this leads me to look at a lot of Asian reseller websites. By & large their wares do not interest me because of a certain design aesthetic, There are ribbons & garish colours; there are pictures of kitties & weird little geisha dolls -- you know what I'm talking about. I'm not a 14 year old girl, so I don't want a case to sport a bright red, white & blue ribbon with a clip, and this case certainly does. You can see it in the ebay photos, and as soon at the case arrived I swiftly took the scissors to it. It is now much improved and a little more manly to behold.

No.3: Archos 70 Internet Tablet 8 GB Tashe Case Leder Etui
http://cgi.ebay.de/ARCHOS-70-INTERNET-TABLET-8-GB-TASCHE-CASE-LEDER-ETUI_W0QQitemZ230553370146QQcategoryZ132141QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DDLSL%252BSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%252BDDSIC%26otn%3D8%26pmod%3D230556579149%252B230556579149%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6165578596545732732

German ebay reseller communication-world was anything but communicative (IRONY!) and also took a long time to send the item, and when it arrived I could not have been more disappointed. From the pictures on ebay, this was exactly what I was looking for: a leather slipcase specifically designed for the Archos 70. I have leather slipcases for all my other gadgets, including my HTC HD2 and even my iPad, so how hard could it be to produce a quality leather slipcase for the very slim Archos 70?

Too hard for communication-world, as it turns out. This wafer-thin case was sent to me in a simple white envelope, folded in half I might add. The case now features a very stylish crease in the middle thanks to the shoddy shipping methods, so that would have ruined it for me had that been all the problems I faced with this awful product.

Let me spell this out very carefully: THE. CASE. IS. TOO. SMALL. I am unable to slide the Archos 70 8GB into the case beyond about half way. How anyone could ever claim that this case is made for the Archos 70 8GB is beyond me. I've had slipcases that seems a little tight at first, and they do stretch over time, but they don't require you to almost break the device just to get it in the case. It's quite simple: the Archos 70 8GB does not fit into this case. Avoid communication-world at all cost.

There you have it: 3 cases, and 2 of them turned out to be pretty nice. I may post an update when the official case arrives from Amazon in a week or so, but I expect that one'll be the pick of the bunch.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:29 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ordered the Tuff-Luv tri-axis case for Amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tuff-Luv-Tri-Axis-Leather-Archos-Internet/dp/B004EXRIIG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1294309731&sr=8-4

I'll post some photos when I get it.

EDIT: Tuff-Luv have informed me its actually not available - but these 2 are. Went for the Indiana Jones one.

Real leather
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004I2VXT8/

Faux leather:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004I2TZSO/

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next