Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:32 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:06 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I just received this ULTIMATEADDONS EVA Hard Armor Case (kindle 2) the 70 fits it perfect, even has storage for memory cards, and is super slim. From http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003 ... ss_product

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:13 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

WillWord wrote:
I just received this ULTIMATEADDONS EVA Hard Armor Case (kindle 2) the 70 fits it perfect, even has storage for memory cards, and is super slim. From http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003 ... ss_product

Any chance of a few pics from inside of the case? As the pics on Amazon dont show what it looks like inside. Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:17 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

just ordered one of these, we'll see how it works.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Leather-Case-Ba ... 483dc2dc0f

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:06 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Has anyone bought one of these for the Archos 70?

I'm thinking of getting one. Info is a bit sparse, but I guess it should do the job.
Access to the volume control may be an issue. Also, access to the stand is gone unless you take it out completely.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hard-Cover-Case-Arc ... 3f05176058

Last edited by lenster on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:13 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I just posted this in the 101 section, but figured it should belong in here too. My reply was in response if the 101 does fit inside a 48 count CD case:
67stang wrote:
It does fit. I picked one up at Best Buy over the weekend. It's pretty snug. If you look, it looks like it wouldn't fit when it's sitting in there, but when you zip it up, the stretchy material that holds the zipper stretches over the corners. I think it's perfect. The first pic is of the case empty and the last has the A101 in it.

I was using a netbook case and this is definitely MUCH better since it's got a hard shell and padded. Sorry for the crappy pics. They were taken off my cell phone.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:57 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

cases for the Nook Color will also fit the 70... There are hard and soft covers for $18.00 post paid...I told the seller to advertise under archos 70 too... Nook is also 8 inches long..Most have earphone storage spaces.. I ordered the hard shell for trip protection..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:52 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

The case I decided to get for my Android device (HTC EVO 4G, A70 8GB, and whenever available an A101 16GB) is the "Black Grey Trim Message Bag with removable Divider for 7 - 10 Inch Tablet / Portable DVD Player / 10 Inch Netbook/ SLR Camera / Camcorder / Ereader /Kindle Latest Generation / IPAD/Ipod Mp3" by BestpriceShop. I found it at Amazon.com URL: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004CI0Z2O/ref=oss_product.

I decided to buy it based upon the description and not trying it out. Time will tell if I like it. I know some cases look good on a web page, but end up being bad in life. This happened when looking for a camera case as a backpack. I bought it through the 42nd Camera Store and got the smallest backpack I ever saw in my life.

If anyone has experience with the case I ordered (see above), I'd love to hear from you.

Here are some images of the case I decided to order from Amazon.com.

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:21 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

^^^^Overkill, if I ever saw it...still, if you truly will put it to use, then more power to ya. Should protect that tablet really well.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:41 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

AlexDroid wrote:
^^^^Overkill, if I ever saw it...still, if you truly will put it to use, then more power to ya. Should protect that tablet really well.

My thought is to carry my HTC EVO 4G, A70, A101, their accessories, etc in it. One stop shopping for when I'm traveling. Hey, maybe I can even put my Sony PSP-3000 in there.

On the other hand when leaving the house for only a day, yeah, it is big.

Bert.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:25 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

@67Stang - why does your 101 look like the screen is broken into four quadrants?

@BGMArchos - Im sorry but that is just hideous.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:45 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

weedahoe wrote:
@67Stang - why does your 101 look like the screen is broken into four quadrants?

Reflection and it's displaying the ceiling...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:14 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

weedahoe wrote:

Yeah, I see your point. Not to sound or be defensive, but hey, it's me. I try to be functional first and stylish third, and yeah, LOL, I was successful this time, right? LOL!

The only stylish thing I try for are my sneakers. I love classic and yet stylish sneakers, which is why (I suspect) I really dislike White sneakers, period.

Bert.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:05 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Does any one know if there any hard case for Archos 101IT?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:06 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm using an HP netbook soft case that I got at Walmart for $10.

It works perfectly. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:25 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Archos is now showing a case on their UK site on the 101 page. Looks like the case I got for my Kindle, and if it is, I WANT ONE.. But i'm in the US, so, i'll have to wait for it to show on the US site :(

http://www.archos.com/store/psearch.htm ... rchos101it

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:06 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

We Australians will just have to hope that any official Archos cases are made available through other resellers (as the Gen6 cases were eventually). Archos continues to ignore us when it comes to accessories; we can only buy games & plugins from the official store.

Having said that, I have ordered 2 new cases:

This one from iOffer (http://www.ioffer.com/i/leather-case-fo ... -173660913),

and this one from German ebay reseller Communication-World (http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0556579149).

I have yet to receive either case, and both sellers have offered no clear explanation for the delay other than to say it takes a while to ship to Australia. Sure. I order from overseas all the time and it can take a while from Europe or the States, but the iOffer is shipping from Singapore, and that is just around the corner, relatively speaking.

Considering the number of scam warnings I have found online about iOffer, I don't hold out much hope. I'll keep you posted if & when I ever receive these items to let you know about build quality, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:57 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

I got the A70 IT 8 GB case from MP3Technology last week and have had it out a couple of times. It is at: http://www.newmp3technology.com/orderstatus.php?ordid=227882&email=BGMArchos@gmail.com&posted=1.

At first I really didn't like it, but today I realized I had the unit in upside down. Yeah, it fits both ways and there are ZIP, ZERO, NADA instructions and its not intuitive on using it (at least it wasn't to me). Once I got it turned around, I like it EXCEPT trying to use it in its case while holding it. An example is when I'm a passenger in a car or siting for a movie to start (e.g. Tron 3D - really worth seeing), or waiting for a bus, or well, you get the drift.

I don't want to take it out of its case, but the lid is in the way. Does anyone have an idea how to use the case in this circumstance?

Bert.

As you can see on a table in the lid makes sense when viewing a movie, but when using the tablet in your lap, while out is where I have a problem. Suggestions, solutions?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:32 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I just received a mail from Noreve and they have a leather case for the A101. I'm really thinking of buying one, as it makes the tablet more sophisticated.

http://www.noreve.com/product_info.php?products_id=2425

Characteristics
- Elegant case conceived in top quality handcrafted leather
- For Archos 101 Internet Tablet
- Access to basic functions (multiple openings on the leather)
- Practical thanks to its magnetic button closure
- Slim and padded design
- Protects the device in an optimal manner
- Three business card slots
- Two Micro SD card slots
- Beautiful interior lining embossed with the Noreve logo
- Possibility of holding the case in an upright position

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:15 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Very sharp FoxzMan!
Please post up some pictures if you do decide to buy it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:24 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Registered just so I could show you this as I think it looks really fab - apologies if you already know about it (although I couldn't see it mentioned anywhere on here). I have just asked whether there will be a version for 7" tablets (waiting for my 70 to arrive....).

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/sho ... 12501.html

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next