Forum.ArchosFans.com
http://forum.archosfans.com/

Sorry the forum was down most of the 24th of january
http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=61918
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Charbax [ Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:33 am ]
Post subject:  Sorry the forum was down most of the 24th of january

It seems to work fine now again, there was down time for nearly 24 hours, sorry.

Author:  syscheck [ Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sorry the forum was down most of the 24th of january

Still busy finetuning?
'Cause http://forum.archosfans.com doesn't work (redirected to Default Web Page).
Direct to topics does work.

Author:  Charbax [ Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sorry the forum was down most of the 24th of january

syscheck wrote:
http://forum.archosfans.com doesn't work (redirected to Default Web Page).
Direct to topics does work.


What? Doesn't the forum fully work now?

Author:  ifb [ Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sorry the forum was down most of the 24th of january

I run three vBulletin forums and have had my fair share of server scares over the years. These crises creep up on you just when you don't expect them!

Ian

Author:  Kodiak [ Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sorry the forum was down most of the 24th of january

Like syscheck says my link directly to the Home Page does not work. I have to enter through direct links to a topic. I can navigate fine once I am in but that link to the home page is now borked.

Author:  Charbax [ Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sorry the forum was down most of the 24th of january

Kodiak wrote:
Like syscheck says my link directly to the Home Page does not work. I have to enter through direct links to a topic. I can navigate fine once I am in but that link to the home page is now borked.


Please explain that again, I don't understand what is broken..

Author:  Kodiak [ Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sorry the forum was down most of the 24th of january

If you do a google search for Archosfans and click on the top link. (Index page) it will fail and take you to a page that tells you to contact the site admin. It is the same thing when you use the link syscheck posted. I have the homepage link saved in my favorites and that does the same thing too.

In the google search the second option down for me is a link to the A5A topic. That gets me into the site without issue, but for some reason those home page links are failing.

Author:  Charbax [ Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sorry the forum was down most of the 24th of january

Kodiak wrote:
If you do a google search for Archosfans and click on the top link. (Index page) it will fail and take you to a page that tells you to contact the site admin. It is the same thing when you use the link syscheck posted. I have the homepage link saved in my favorites and that does the same thing too.

In the google search the second option down for me is a link to the A5A topic. That gets me into the site without issue, but for some reason those home page links are failing.


I don't see any of those bugs, maybe there has been a DNS update when this issue got fixed 12 hours ago that hasn't yet gone through yet worldwide somehow.

Author:  ifb [ Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sorry the forum was down most of the 24th of january

Works fine for me - I would have thought that if pages under the index work, the index should work too. Maybe you need to clear your browser cache?

Ian

Author:  jamie41 [ Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sorry the forum was down most of the 24th of january

All the links work fine for me, incl Google search.

Author:  Kodiak [ Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sorry the forum was down most of the 24th of january

I just tried the link syscheck posted and now it goes right through too. It didn't this morning so it must have taken some time to reset.

I am at work though and not home, but it does seem to have cleared it all up now.

Author:  syscheck [ Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sorry the forum was down most of the 24th of january

Tried again and indeed works fine now: must have been the DNS which hadn't come thru yet.
So it looks like on t the edge off the 12-hour barier with DNS changes ;-)

Author:  quasd [ Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sorry the forum was down most of the 24th of january

Just got mine working after deleting browser cache and coockies. Using google chrome. Tried ipconfig /flushdns few times and even tried google dns. Anything I tried I got the same result "Default web page". After thinking about it tried with ie and the site was working just fine and after that remove cache and cookies ->everything started working.

Author:  Greg_e [ Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sorry the forum was down most of the 24th of january

If I type:
http://forum.archosfans.com/ into my browser (firefox 9) I get the default page thing, if I go to index.php it works fine.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC+01:00
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
https://www.phpbb.com/