Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:28 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:27 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Am I doing something wrong? I'm a new Archos 43 owner, reading here to try to "get smart." I first registered on Oct 12, clicked the activation email link, and happily read almost every relevant thread on the 12th and 13th.

On the 14th, the board rejected my login, said my user name didn't exist. I re-registered (with the same User Name, email, and password) and got a new activation email, which I activated. I chalked it up to an electronic hiccup, and resumed reading and learning...

Then this morning, it happened again - I don't exist. I re-registered again with the same information, clicked the activation email, and here I am...

Does the board just not like me for some reason? Or did I miss some requirement of something I have to do right after joining, or be dropped? Self-introduction or something...

Thanks
Cheryl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:51 pm 

I've not heard of that happening before. When you register do you include a website that could be considered "spam"? If you are including a retail website try to leave that off. Also try to change some of the items (username, email, etc.) and see if that helps.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:01 pm 

Cheryl, I just went back and searched through all the moderator logs from 10/12 through 10/17 and I did not see any moderator action against EarlyCLO. I didn't think I would as if your info got banned you would not be able to use it again.

Maybe someone with a deeper knowledge about phpBB forums has an idea but I do not have any idea why that happened to you.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:23 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I didn't register with any website, as far as I know - I used a yahoo email address...

Thanks for looking into it - I'll just chalk it up to electronic weirdness, burps, and/or solar storms <G>

Cheryl