It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:43 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Just in Case....
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:33 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

LarryR2 wrote:
GeoD wrote:
... Or, change the exclaimation mark to text if that's possible...

I know I'm late to this discussion, but would this ( Image ) be a reasonable icon for the spam report? I cut/pasted pieces of other icon images to make this one. It has the same file name as the exclamation point so it might just work as a replacement image.

Larry

I like it too, Larry =D>

I hope Charbax can do it.

Thanks,

Allen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:27 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Nice job Larry. I think that would help resolve the issue.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:27 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Can I suggest you consider a more secure bb software such as SMF? Ever since switching from phpbb to SMF I have had hardly any security related issues on any of my boards. SMF is free and has a strong community as well, so it is similar to phpbb in that respect.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:17 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hi..i should also want to become member of ur team...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:50 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

It's not really an easiest button to notice.i think it is worth considering changing it to a "Report" button.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:00 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I am a bit late on this, I know. Bit I saw the dates of the post before this an that the ! is still a !. I know you are also doing other stuff and can't do everything at once, but this seems like such a little fix and you even have the icon made for you.

I did not notice the ! either up until reading this and it would, as said in the first post, make your lives easier if people used it.

One more thing, you should also enlarge the icon maybe from it's original size so the "REPORT!" is easier to see still.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:31 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Location: Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Planet Phi-Epsilon Nudist Colony For Women
neodymium wrote:
I am a bit late on this, I know. Bit I saw the dates of the post before this an that the ! is still a !. I know you are also doing other stuff and can't do everything at once, but this seems like such a little fix and you even have the icon made for you.

I did not notice the ! either up until reading this and it would, as said in the first post, make your lives easier if people used it.

One more thing, you should also enlarge the icon maybe from it's original size so the "REPORT!" is easier to see still.

Don't let it bother you too much. I was asked to be a moderator, going on three weeks ago, and I'm still waiting, lol. :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:24 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have only been here a few days, but i have been on other forums for years. On thos forums, even if there are only two moderators and one admin, things still get done fairly quickly. the fastest moving forum is probably old.casualcollective.com. you may not have heard of it, but they are running there own type of forum while developing games at the same time. things there go pretty quickly.

I don't know, maybe they have a different system of editing things, but there are updates all the time, and every feew weeks a major update.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:08 pm 

its not moderators that change the forum design, the mods run the board, admin do the editing etc and in a forum of this size more caution has to be taken to save data loss, also you get problems with compatiblilty of newer boards etc which is always the sticky point for any changes / upgrades.
the board will be upgraded very soon

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:01 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Spam posts are deleted quick but posts about Archos 7 Home Tablet v2 that is months old are not moved to the right forum.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:20 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Location: Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Planet Phi-Epsilon Nudist Colony For Women
Snurrbo wrote:
Spam posts are deleted quick but posts about Archos 7 Home Tablet v2 that is months old are not moved to the right forum.

Perhaps that is because many of the spam posts are reported to the mods, whereas misplaced posts are not (just a guess). I find it frustrating that folks can't be bothered to check out all the forum sub-sections to find the correct one to post in regarding their specific model. It isn't exactly rocket science. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:18 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

SHADO wrote:
Snurrbo wrote:

Perhaps that is because many of the spam posts are reported to the mods, whereas misplaced posts are not (just a guess). I find it frustrating that folks can't be bothered to check out all the forum sub-sections to find the correct one to post in regarding their specific model. It isn't exactly rocket science. :)

Maybe but if I see this also moderators should. Isn't it theirs job to handle such things?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:11 am 

Maybe but if I see this also moderators should. Isn't it theirs job to handle such things?

Dang dude, talk about petty ingrates. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:50 pm 

The best way to solve the problem of something being in the wrong area, is to hit the report button on it. In the report, just simply say that it's in the wrong section, and we'll take care of it.

Sometimes as moderators we miss things. We can't be on the forums all day every day scanning to ensure that everything is in the proper location.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:41 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Snurrbo wrote:
SHADO wrote:
Snurrbo wrote:

Yes, I'm sure it is part of their duties. But the mods can't be expected to read every thread or post ever made. No one is perfect, and the mods help out here out of the goodness of their hearts/love of Archos products, in their spare time. I for one can't thank them enough for the work they do here, making it a much better place to visit.

Mods: Kudos to you guys for doing an often thankless job!!! =D>

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:20 pm 

thanks guys, it is quiet often thankless, we dont get any pay etc for often spending many hours clearing up the boards.
ive been very ill for the last week or so so havent been pulling my weight as a mod, but luckly we have an excellent team that will spend thier time taking up the slack of any missing mods.
we are responsible for moving posts, but as pointed out its physically impossible to read each and every post made, as i write this there are no reports in the mod panel, so how we are expected to move posts in the wrong area without actually knowing they are there is beyond me. if you spot a post in the wrong area report it, were not soothsayers....
roy

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:18 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

roylovelock wrote:
if you spot a post in the wrong area report it, were not soothsayers....
roy

Of course You're not. No one is. I just thought you should see them when they have subjects like this:
Owner Reviews - 7HT V2
GPS on Archos 7 Home Tablet v2
Which one? Archos 7 HT v2 or Coby Kyros 7015
Archos 7 HT V2 : how many MHz for the CPU ?

There were a few more earlier but they are moved so Image

I didn't know that reporting was the way to handel such thing. Now when I know I will do my part to make it easier for you.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:54 pm 

Feel free to report anything that you see that isn't right. The more you guys help us out, the cleaner the board will be, and the easier it will be to find information.

Also, we will (and do) appreciate the help when someone spots something that we missed. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:19 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Some moron XXXX up the initial wiki page and used it as a spamming page. I restored it to it's original version.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:49 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Since you're happy doing it, you may want to sort out this page http://wiki.archosfans.com/index.php?ti ... ewbie_Tips