Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:54 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:01 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I've been on this forum for quite a long time and have upgraded my A43 up to .81 firmware in the hopes that my one major grip would be resolved. That being the touch screen. I had tried many different keyboards and nothing helped. The problem was not that I was hitting two buttons at the same time or mistyping which is why the different keyboards did not help. I had also tried a stylus at one time. This helped a little but the issue remained for the most part. I have read on the forum the different keyboard issues and some people have had theirs resolved by firmware while others remained. My issue was that letter would appear in the text field as if I had hit them although they are several keys away from where my finger was.

So...

After having the A43 on the shelf for several months and using the huge Streak 5, I got to like the streak and was all settled and happy. Until I browsed over at XDA and found mention of a gingerbread hack for the Archos gen 8 devices.

Well I installed it. :D , and boy oh boy!!! what a difference. I can now type in PORTRAIT on the A43 and not have a single incorrect character appear on my screen. Yeah in PORTRAIT!!! and have near 100 percent accuracy.

The custom ROM is not to be taken lightly however as you would expect so thread lightly. But if you have the bad keyboard syndrome still. You will want to try this.

I have market access as well as superuser installed and have installed a number of apps and they all work. The dpi is super high so things are small. But I don't mind.

The one thing the ROM did not fix was the long pause when you turn it on and there is a popping sound form the speaker every once and a while. Otherwise I have a Archos 43 gingerbread tablet. =D> And I am pleased as punch!!

Don't know whether I will switch back from the Streak yet though. Kinda got used to the big fellah.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:52 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Great! Thanks for the link :?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:25 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

thats very helpfull my friend, thanks :?