Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:50 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 79 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:07 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

J&R doesn't either. But if you use Paypal to purchase from J&R the money gets tied up with them (PP). J&R was $235 with free shipping.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:12 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

After checking the Archos 43 page (US) nearly every day for the last 2-3 weeks it seems they finally have them in stock. Just ordered for $250 + $9 UPS ground shipping. Now as soon as I get the tracking number I will be obsessively checking that. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:16 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

GeoD wrote:
First. Im glad to see people are able to purchase 43's.

Now my latest bitch. Nobody should be able to purchase a 43 until all the backorders are filled. ALL THE BACK ORDERS!! I never ever seen such a circus act from a large company. Again, if Archos would keep their customers (or at least their distributors) in the loop and let us know our units are arriving soon I would be much MUCH more calm. I'm not going to cancel my order with J&R to re-order through Archos. My luck, I will press buy and I would get the "your item is on backorder" message. LOL!!!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to everyone's review that's getting a 43 in the near future.
There's a big difference between purchasing and receiving. It's also my big concern with canceling my backorder from B&H and going with Archos. time will tell I suppose.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:54 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

They are in stock in the archos website. I just made a mistake and ordered 2. Now i got 2 receipts. Tried to contact them but I guess its not yet their normal office hours.. I got to cancel 1.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:09 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

grnbrg wrote:
Heh. I sent an enquiry to archos.ca. We'll see if I get something back that I can repost....

Edit: Wow, fast!

Scott at archos.ca wrote:
Yes they are on their way to me and I'm preparing shipping documents and will be shipping friday

Wooooo!
/Edit

grnbrg.

I just e-mailed Scott myself to ask about the A43IT and when he expected them in - he replied that he is shipping Friday or Monday!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:54 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

If anyone ordered recently from store.archos.com, please post here if and when your unit ships. I ordered one last Thursday, and still haven't received shipping notification. I called them on Monday and was told that the order had been "pulled", which is apparently the last step before it actually leaves the facility.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:49 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Just received shipping notification from Canada Post with an anticipated delivery date of January 20th. I expect that the parcel itself won't make it into Canada Post's system until Friday or Monday as Scott indicated earlier today, but am excited nonetheless.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I just got the shipping notice and tracking number. I hope this means it is really on its way.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:46 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Here is the latest email reply I received from archos.us:

Unfortunately we have no control over what retailers do in regards to their
pre-orders or policies. We are shipping out units to retailers as well as our web
store receives availability but we cannot possibly dictate how a store decides to
handle pre-orders or back order situations. These tablets are in very high demand
so seeing them sell out or go into back order can occur. We greatly apologize for
the issues you've experienced and hopefully you see a resolution soon.

Thank you,

Brian D
Archos Sales Support

I guess I gotta bug J&R some more. I hope this gadget lives up to the hype....and effort!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:35 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I can CONFIRM that Archos.com site is shipping product.. I have a ups tracking number.. which hasn't posted yet, so I'll likely cancel my other preorder once I see it in-transit & posted.

:-)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:41 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

And....here is the latest reply from J&R:

Thank you for your inquiry. Our buyer has received no ETA for our next order as Archos is not giving out that information. We will however ship yours as soon as they are received.

We hope we have addressed your concerns. You can reach us at 1(800)426-6027 or 1(718)340-0397 Monday through Friday from 9am to 6pm Eastern, Saturday 9-5 if you require additional assistance.

Charles
J&R Music and Computer World
Customer Service Web Team

It looks like the endless azz kissing circle continues.... :?
Damn...my lips are getting chapped!! LOL!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have also just received an email from Archos confirming that my order has been shipped. I have a UPS tracking number, also not yet posted on the UPS site. I ordered yesterday.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:01 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I ordered my Archos 43 around 14:00 (Cali time) and got a tracking number today just before 11:00. So happy, after a month of waiting on Amazon, it is finally going to show up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ok, tracking info received.

Glad I canceled my other orders :)

That being said, this is wrong like this.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:19 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

UPS website now has my tracking info posted and it should be at my doorstep on Tuesday. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:34 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I placed an order from archos.com yesterday morning (standard shipping) still no tracking # yet :?

How long did it take for you guys to get the tracking #?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:57 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Quote:
RynoRama: That being said, this is wrong like this.

I can't agree more, but what else are you going to do, as it stands we are already paying $50 more than the original list price, and we can't get a straight answer from anyone. I would be curious to know if anyone still has an order with Amazon when the placed the order and when it did finally ship. On a side note I bet Amazon must be getting pissed with all the orders that are being canceled.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:59 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

yumms wrote:
I placed an order from archos.com yesterday morning (standard shipping) still no tracking # yet :?

Just under 24 hrs for me. Placed it around 2 pm on Tuesday, got the tracking info just before 11 am on Wednesday.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:00 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

yumms wrote:

Just to note: I ordered from archos.ca (not archos.com). It took 7 weeks from placing the order to receiving a notification from Canada Post that the shipping information (but not the package) had been received by them. Thus, I violated the spirit of this thread as I am not in the US and did not order from a US vendor :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:24 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

i just realized something i never recieved an E-mial from archos saying they had stock.
did anybody get a notification E-mail?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 79 Next