Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 5:25 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:52 am 
Archos User
Archos User

CDW is showing that they have the 43IT 8GB version http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/defaul ... 2224752#PO

does this mean the mythical 8GB version is real? and at this price if they have them by the 26th I will be ordering one for me and one for the wife if I can't find the 70.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:00 am 
Archos User
Archos User

My experience with SimplyElectronics was fine.

I bought the 43 from them in December for $285, when no one had them in stock. They promised 1 week shipping, and I got overnight shipping (from Hong Kong) instead. Their company (payment and support) is run out of Boston.

The device appeared new in every way. Box, manual, shrinkwrap, screen protector, lack of fingerprints - everything was pristine. I updated the software the instant it was turned on, so I don't know if apps were missing prior to the update, but they were there after the update.

I never attempted to register with Archos. (I never register warranties, they usually reduce your return rights and put your name/email on spam lists, and warranties are usually honored without registration.)

I'd buy from them again in a heartbeat, if faced with the same situation (none of the big etailers have them in stock). If I bought today, with the 43 in stock on archos.com & amazon - I'd prefer buying from a big guy with a more established reputation.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:20 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

macgyver40 wrote:
CDW is showing that they have the 43IT 8GB version http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/defaul ... 2224752#PO
does this mean the mythical 8GB version is real? and at this price if they have them by the 26th I will be ordering one for me and one for the wife if I can't find the 70.

Yesterday I checked and it was a little over $100. That kinda bummed me out because I would be happy with 8gb and could have saved $130. I just checked again and this is what is listed on CDW's website now:

This product was discontinued as of Saturday, January 15, 2011. Call for availability.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:12 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

GeoD wrote:
macgyver40 wrote:

Yesterday I checked and it was a little over $100. That kinda bummed me out because I would be happy with 8gb and could have saved $130. I just checked again and this is what is listed on CDW's website now:

This product was discontinued as of Saturday, January 15, 2011. Call for availability.

Teased yet again, but this time by a reseller. Seriously, does the Archos 43 have a curse around it? So many missteps. Hey Archos.. update the firmware for the 48.. 1.6 is horse manure. Also, lots of bug fixes need to be done with the 43..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:04 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Walmart has it in stock with ship to store for pennies. Bu you have to pay taxes. Amanzon.com does have it with no taxes and free second day if you have prime membership.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:00 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I live in Bangladesh. I want to know what is the price of the least space version of Archos 43 and does it have more problems than other Archos products?

And Some where it is stated $200 and somewhere $ 250, what is real?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:56 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

bhmm wrote:
Walmart has it in stock with ship to store for pennies. Bu you have to pay taxes. Amanzon.com does have it with no taxes and free second day if you have prime membership.

Good to know walmart is in on the reseller list.. this means Archos is going to be a serious contender as the Apple products decrease their market share. Let's see if Creative or Samsung's non-phone tablets make it to walmart......

Post subject: Archos 43 Price Alert!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:09 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

NEW PRICE ALERT $214.99 (FREE SHIPPING!!!) for the Archos 43 after coupon code at NEW EGG ! ! !
code: EMCKHKJ78

You *MUST* create a newegg account to apply the coupon code-- not sure how long this code will last, so if you've been on the fence this is your wake up call!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:03 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

archos has restock the 4.3 http://store.archos.com/archos-internet ... -5003.html

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:44 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Update: this is strange, there seems to actually be an 8gb Archos 43 materializing for $199-- but now for the bad news.. they raised the price of the 16gb model to $269.99?!? Does an extra 8gb of memory cost $70... no way!!

Bad move... [-X
At a time when there is potential for consumers to stop buying and using their discretionary income, to raise MSRP of ALL of their products. You can still probably find the old prices at most retailers, but this does not spell good things for the economy if every price goes through the roof... just because the middle east oil market is jittery. Even before the gas prices peak in the summer months.. just insane.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:55 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Agreed, tmc. I was sure that once Archos got production issues sorted out, they'd LOWER the Gen8 prices by $10-20, not raise them! This seems par for the course, though: I can't figure Samsung out, either. My thinking is that to beat Apple in sales, companies must offer a cheaper, more attractive product. The galaxy tab's high price makes it unattractive! But I digress... Except that I *think* this has something to do with marketing psychology. I read something somewhere about pricing one's product: too low and it won't matter how good the product is, people won't buy it because they'll assume that it's not as good as the more expensive competition. Price it high and if it is a good product people will buy it. Apple has pretty much set the industry's pricing on tablets because to be viewed as "competitive" with the iPad in terms of quality, the product appears to have to be priced similarly. Or so it would seem that the thinking goes...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:55 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

mplant1999 wrote:
Agreed, tmc. I was sure that once Archos got production issues sorted out, they'd LOWER the Gen8 prices by $10-20, not raise them! This seems par for the course, though: I can't figure Samsung out, either. My thinking is that to beat Apple in sales, companies must offer a cheaper, more attractive product. The galaxy tab's high price makes it unattractive! But I digress... Except that I *think* this has something to do with marketing psychology. I read something somewhere about pricing one's product: too low and it won't matter how good the product is, people won't buy it because they'll assume that it's not as good as the more expensive competition. Price it high and if it is a good product people will buy it. Apple has pretty much set the industry's pricing on tablets because to be viewed as "competitive" with the iPad in terms of quality, the product appears to have to be priced similarly. Or so it would seem that the thinking goes...

This is what people have been *BRAINWASHED* to think (in part by mass media).. From Ipod-mania back in 2001 to the cult of Apple which began before and continues even today after mp3 players (now tablets) became the hot product. There is also a rumor which will probably turn out to be true that products made in China will end up costing more as the price of energy spikes. Also, to justify those higher prices, China is trying to delay production of produts so that those higher energy prices create a convenient excuse to charge more. What is troubling is that for the most part, in the electronics market for goods, this is counter to a 30+ year trend of electronics becoming steadily cheaper and not more expensive (with few rare exeptions). The Sony PS3 is a good example. MSRP spiked between $600 to $1100 in the early days of production.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:58 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

16gb Archos hitting a new price low?

Amazon has it for $174.99 with free shipping!
Good deal.. considering I see no announcement of a replacement in the gen9 lineup just yet, only 8-10" tablets.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:44 am 
Archos User
Archos User

The $175 Amazon deal is still valid for the 16GB model. I bought an A43IT for a friend. They make great travel computers with email, Skype and games.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:19 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Is Archos preparing a new A43? The A43 8GB is selling for $150 on both Amazon and Newegg with free shipping. Newegg even adds free case to the deal.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:43 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

jinx100 wrote:
Is Archos preparing a new A43? The A43 8GB is selling for $150 on both Amazon and Newegg with free shipping. Newegg even adds free case to the deal.

Doubtful as of yet. Gen 9 products announced are 8" and 10" tablets which will have btw 8-16gb of flash or 250gb hard drive for a premium. The updated specs are impressive, but still not in the market for a larger tablet.

It's not surpising the deals ont he Archos 43 have disappeared because Archos wants to liquidate all remaining 8th gen tablets in the 7-10" form factor. You can get an archos 101 8gb for the same price as the archos 43 right now (around $249) and I've seen the archos 70 for $199 too... not to be outdone, the archos 28 has gotten a new low of $69.99.. you can be guaranteed at that price they're disconitnuing the 28, & 32 line..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:43 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I was searching for Archos Tablets and Media Players locally and I found that many Toys R Us locations have these in-stock.

http://www.toysrus.com It doesn't show up under Electronics. But you can put Archos in the search window and all they sell comes up, including Gen9 tablets.