Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 5:41 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:06 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I am seeing the discount -- the price is normal on the store page, but when you put it in your cart, the discount is applied. Hmm... I may have to go for that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:42 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

In stock at amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042R ... B0042RRTOC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:33 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

jacobm wrote:
I am seeing the discount -- the price is normal on the store page, but when you put it in your cart, the discount is applied. Hmm... I may have to go for that.

Hi jacobm. What site are you on? Archos or Amazon?

I was on Archos site and I got all the way to point of having to fill in my credit card info and there was no discount. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:14 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I was on Archos site. But I just tried it again and I don't see the discount anymore. It may have come and gone already. Ah well; can't really afford it this month anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:24 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I received my 43i ordered from Archos directly. I ordered it 12/6 and received it 12/17. So 11 days. They did not send me a tracking number. I am not disappointed in the time but was getting upset with them for not advising me of the status.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:11 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

@those who have received their units recently (within the past two weeks), are they still shipping with Eclair or is Archos now preinstalling Froyo? Just getting my strategy in place for when mine arrives (hopefully by Friday).

Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:31 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

deleted

Last edited by PJ_DnB on Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:40 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:45 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

grnbrg wrote:
mplant1999 wrote:
Just received shipping notification from Canada Post with an anticipated delivery date of January 20th. I expect that the parcel itself won't make it into Canada Post's system until Friday or Monday as Scott indicated earlier today, but am excited nonetheless.
Heh. I've been irritated since Tuesday or Wednesday, because lot's of people who ordered from Archos.CA were getting shipping notifications, but not me... "Oh, well, I'm pretty far down on the pre-order list."

I just found the shipping info from Canada Post in my GMail Spam folder. Dated Tuesday. :shock: :oops:
On the plus side... Probably shipped yesterday, as promised!

Also waiting for my Archos 43 from archos.ca/hotmp3gear/Scott... From the tracking #, it's been in Mississauga yesterday. Did you receive your precious package yet?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:31 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Nope - my package is still listed as being in Mississauga as well (it's been there since just past midnight yesterday morning). Hopefully it's in transit to a sorting facility in Vancouver - I might see it tomorrow it this is the case...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

mplant1999 wrote:
Nope - my package is still listed as being in Mississauga as well (it's been there since just past midnight yesterday morning). Hopefully it's in transit to a sorting facility in Vancouver - I might see it tomorrow it this is the case...

I just finished talking to a rep from Canada Post and he said that it all depends on what day the supplier (archos.ca) actually shipped it out. In the email I had from Canada Post the item shipped on January 11, 2011 and the standard delivery date is January 19, 2011, but the rep told me that the item shipped date is not the actual date that the item left the store, this is probably just a shipment order date or something. The item should arrive 6 business days from when the item actually leaves archos.ca's warehouse. I don't know when that date is, but it only "got a sticker" as the rep said yesterday. I'm thinking that it might have left the store yesterday or the day before, so it might not show up until 6 business days from then. Also I live in Newfoundland so you can add an extra day or two on that. My guess is I won't receive the 43 until sometime mid-next week.

Oh well I guess I'll just have to wait that much longer...but I bet it's going to be worth it. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:47 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

mplant1999 wrote:
Nope - my package is still listed as being in Mississauga as well
+1

However, Canada Post is usually pretty good. The delivery standards for Expedited Parcels suggest a 3 day delivery for me, which is probably Friday, but might be Thursday, depending on when the package was turned over to them.

Gonna be working from home on Friday. :D

grnbrg.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:33 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

my package was supposed to come today and of course they want a signiture when i'm at school so now i have to wait some more till i get my archos :( :( :( :( :( :( i'm starting to get a stress headache, i want this thing so bad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:36 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Holy F'n CRAP!!! I have seen the light!! Image

I just got a shipping confirmation email from J&R Electronics!!! My 43 is on it's way!!!! Image

J&R has them in stock now $245 w/ free S&H. Plus, there's a promo code:GEICO10 ($10 off) that's good until 1/31/11. I used this code with no issues (Nov 19th, 2010). I just checked J&R's checkout cart and now it says the promo code has to be activated through Geico's website. Im not sure what that is all about. You can contact J&R and find out if anyone is interested.

http://www.jr.com/archos/pe/AHS_501578/

UPDATE: It looks like J&R used overnight shipping. My tracking# shows it will be at my door step this afternoon! OH YEAH!!!

Latest UPDATE: Out for delivery by UPS. It should be at my door any moment....

Last UPDATE: Got my 43!!! It's charging as I typing this.

The quest is over but now the adventure begins!!!
ImageImageImage

Last edited by GeoD on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:01 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

PJ_DnB wrote:
mplant1999 wrote:
@those who have received their units recently (within the past two weeks), are they still shipping with Eclair or is Archos now preinstalling Froyo? Just getting my strategy in place for when mine arrives (hopefully by Friday).

Cheers!

Mine, ordered from SE december 18, received 2 weeks ago was running 2.2 froyo, but not the 2.2.41

I received mine yesterday, and it came with froyo but not the 2.2.41 update.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:49 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

both amazon.com and amazon.co.uk are showing that they are fast running out and only have a few left in stock.

although i have been given a delivery date by amazon.com, my 2nd december order still hasn't been shipped. ......hope they haven't lost it.... :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:15 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Don't know how many were ordered & fulfilled.. but this proves that there is quite a demand for them. Probably lots of consumers chomping at the bit to ditch their expensive cell phone contract and have separate devices for each. We as smart consumers won't be fooled into paying $100+ for cell phone service just to have smart device features included in addition to being ripped off on the price of the handset & service.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:57 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Looks like archos has sold out on 43 as notify button is back. As I posted in a separate post. There was a $50 discount if
you were using Internet explorer or chrome browser. A matter of fact if you look at ad on top of screen it is advertised for
$199. I ordered mine on Jan 12th and received Jan 18th and paid 249.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:44 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi folks,

I'm in Canada rather than the US. I wanted to post here, though, as a (yet another) warning to not use Simply Electronics as a retailer.

I've been waiting patiently to be able to buy the 43IT. Finally it became available on the Achos site last week. I tried to buy one, but for whatever reason that site couldn't ship to Canada. My patience wore out, and I bit the bullet. I ordered from Simply Electronics. I paid $285 USD, which may seem steep, but there was no tax (at least somehow I paid no tax) and shipping was free...so the price wasn't bad at all (considering the tax rate we Canadians have to pay!)...and it was available.

Anyway, my 43IT arrived yesterday...really nice device. Unfortunately for me, the device sent to me was USED. It had already been reset and so the default third party apps that Archos installs are gone (I guess I can get them from the Market..). The device had also already been registered with Archos!

I've emailed Simply Electronics about this, but they are in "deny deny deny" mode. In fact in t he responses I've received SE claims that all the products they ship are new...they also claim that sometimes the shrink wrapping is removed as their techs need to make sure the box isn't empty....yeah...OK...

I'm going to try and prove that SE sent me a used device by seeing if Archos can verify when and or from where my particular device was registered with them. If they can, I can then prove SE practices its business fraudulently. Small comfort, I know.

Anyway, this is just another voice saying "Stay away from Simply Electronics".

Let me say again, by the way, that the 43 is really nice (gets a little warm, though).

peace

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:37 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

jtpeace wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm in Canada rather than the US. I wanted to post here, though, as a (yet another) warning to not use Simply Electronics as a retailer.

I've been waiting patiently to be able to buy the 43IT. Finally it became available on the Achos site last week. I tried to buy one, but for whatever reason that site couldn't ship to Canada. My patience wore out, and I bit the bullet. I ordered from Simply Electronics. I paid $285 USD, which may seem steep, but there was no tax (at least somehow I paid no tax) and shipping was free...so the price wasn't bad at all (considering the tax rate we Canadians have to pay!)...and it was available.

Anyway, my 43IT arrived yesterday...really nice device. Unfortunately for me, the device sent to me was USED. It had already been reset and so the default third party apps that Archos installs are gone (I guess I can get them from the Market..). The device had also already been registered with Archos!

I've emailed Simply Electronics about this, but they are in "deny deny deny" mode. In fact in t he responses I've received SE claims that all the products they ship are new...they also claim that sometimes the shrink wrapping is removed as their techs need to make sure the box isn't empty....yeah...OK...

I'm going to try and prove that SE sent me a used device by seeing if Archos can verify when and or from where my particular device was registered with them. If they can, I can then prove SE practices its business fraudulently. Small comfort, I know.

Anyway, this is just another voice saying "Stay away from Simply Electronics".

Let me say again, by the way, that the 43 is really nice (gets a little warm, though).

peace

Word on the forums has been that SE orders them out of Hong Kong.. which they would need to make sure that they get genuine products-- although I would think that by now they'd be dealing with a reputable source by now... But.. If you didn't already have one.. I'd say to go with other etailers who NOW HAVE THEM IN STOCK who are selling them at or slightly below msrp.. as they should be doing. Many come with free shipping or other incentives.

BTW, I finally got my 43 this week... and although I am a bit disappointed with the number of apps that dont' run well on it... overall.. it is a great media player and approved apps work well enough. I'm still having some trouble finding a voip solution that doesn't have issues such as half duplex voip calls, ugh!!!

Also, what were you expecting your 43 to be a Canadian (French) edition?
Also, the firmware I got was 2.2.0.54 on the device.. I upgraded to 2.2.0.71 from Archos.. the apps ask to be installed after that update too.. so you should try updating/replacing the firmware & see if that works...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next