Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 6:11 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 9 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:05 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Quote:
RynoRama: I can't agree more, but what else are you going to do, as it stands we are already paying $50 more than the original list price,

What price did you pay? $249? If so, that is the correct price. $199 was suppose to be Euros. Charbax never addressed this issue or fixed the top banner. Lack of concern must run throughout his country (same place Archos' headquarters is at).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:39 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

GeoD wrote:
Quote:
RynoRama: I can't agree more, but what else are you going to do, as it stands we are already paying $50 more than the original list price,

What price did you pay? $249? If so, that is the correct price. $199 was suppose to be Euros. Charbax never addressed this issue or fixed the top banner. Lack of concern must run throughout his country (same place Archos' headquarters is at).

I believe the (non-existent?) 8GB version was supposed to have retailed for $199.

Regarding Charbax, my understanding is that he is Swiss but lives in Denmark. Archos is a French company, non?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:29 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ordered yesterday from Archos site, got my tracking number today. Hasn't updated on the UPS site though, I'll check later tonight for confirmation. Seems promising so far.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:45 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

mplant1999 wrote:
GeoD wrote:
Quote:

I believe the (non-existent?) 8GB version was supposed to have retailed for $199.

Regarding Charbax, my understanding is that he is Swiss but lives in Denmark. Archos is a French company, non?

Allright, calm down. I know it's hard to respect the French after WWi and WWII, but let's give credit where credit is due. They do a fine job with that Mayonnaise, and those tablet computers are pretty darn good too. :D

On the real, due to the what I perceive to be wider use of Linux en Frances than here in 'murica, I am more inclined to buy Linux based schwaggg ( like an Android Tablet ) from a French company than here, china, or somewhere.

Brother Charbax is okay by me no matter which patch o' dirt he hails from. I reckon I'll be pulling the trigger after some 2.2 reviews of this latest batch find me on the intertubes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:33 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I ordered mine on 11th. Still no tracking number. Although I did call them and they confirmed my order went to shipping, so I'm expecting it to be shipped either this afternoon or tomorrow. Certainly not newegg level of service, but as long as I get it before next Saturday, I'm ok with it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:00 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

LOL!!! I knew I would catch some crap regarding my comment. The reason why I said what I did was because I asked the guy several questions (posted on the forum and pm'd) and I got nothing....notta....no reply. Sounds familar eh? Kinda like....ARCHOS!!! LOL!!! Look at the top banner ad and you can see the 4.3" is listed as the 16gb 43 for $199. Somewhere on here I read it was suppose to be 199 euros and not US dollars.

Here is some info about Archos: (from wiki):
Archos (pronounced /ˈɑrkoʊs/) is a French consumer electronics company that was established in 1988 by Henri Crohas.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:57 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hey, does anyone has a telephone number from archos usa?
i had a problem with my purchase through the web store and i need to speak with them

thanx.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:15 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

630-579-3515

When you call ask them WHERE IS MY 43!!?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:43 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

GeoD wrote:
630-579-3515
When you call ask them WHERE IS MY 43!!?

sure

isn't that number supposed to be a fax?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:11 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Go onto Archos website (http://www.archos.com). Scroll to the bottom and click contact us. All the info is on that page.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:49 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

GeoD wrote:
LOL!!! I knew I would catch some crap regarding my comment. The reason why I said what I did was because I asked the guy several questions (posted on the forum and pm'd) and I got nothing....notta....no reply. Sounds familar eh? Kinda like....ARCHOS!!! LOL!!! Look at the top banner ad and you can see the 4.3" is listed as the 16gb 43 for $199. Somewhere on here I read it was suppose to be 199 euros and not US dollars.

Here is some info about Archos: (from wiki):
Archos (pronounced /ˈɑrkoʊs/) is a French consumer electronics company that was established in 1988 by Henri Crohas.

OK ya, I'll edit the banner on top if it gets confirmed that full availability of A43 is really priced at $199 in the USA, let's see the price confirmed at Amazon, Best Buy, Tiger Direct etc. is it?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

24 hours for a tracking number.

Order confirmation nearly right away.

3 day business shipping, too bad the weekend gets in the way. Monday can't come fast enough. Already have a 16GB card ready to drop in full of tunes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:03 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

HOLY CRAP!!! He LIVES!!!

Charbax. The going USA price is $249. The 8bg 43 was $199 until Archos dropped that product (for some unknown reason). The top banner ad price is incorrect if its US dollars (it's showing $199). I don't think I need to do any leg work for you since you already mentioned the most popular places that is suppose (keyword) to sell the IT43. Just type those sites in your browser and you will see for yourself. Oh, and Archos website...$249 US dollars. Full availability in the US!? LOL!! You a very funny guy. You know as well as all of us there is limited availability of 43's throughout the world yet alone the USA.

There have been quite a few people confused by the top banner. A simple change will eliminate any future cornfusion.

Last edited by GeoD on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Sorry guys for being a lurker, I have been fallowing the site for a little bit, I used to be on another forum, but then I lost all that for Archos, I had a AV500, AV700 and a 605wifi. Both of them broke, well one the battery's life was gone in 30min. The wifi one well it was gone in 10 w/ wifi on. But thats another story for another time.

Thank you for letting a old Archos Fan know, that the 43, is available. I have placed a order on Archos.com and got my shipping number and information and should be here on Tuesday 1/18. I'm happy so far. Lineing up some apps already that are musts for the device.

I know you need to have internet access to use some of the apps, and with nearly lots of places with wifi now, that shouldnt be a problem when searching for signal.

I mainly got this for watching movies at work. - Yes converting them to my phone was not so good.

Thanks for the info guys. See you around.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:57 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

For the canadians on this site, did you buy it from archos.com or archos.ca? Archos.ca looks shady to me. Something I would have made in highschool. Is it legit?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:18 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I had the same doubts, I'mpPissedOff. Reading through the various posts on this forum, archos.ca is legit and I went ahead and ordered. So far, my complaints have been with Archos' supply, not with archos.ca. I'll report back when I receive my 43, which is estimated to arrive around the 20th.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:21 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I ordered from Archos.com - I would have ordered from amazon.com, but they dont have it listed on there page anymore. It was there then went away.

I havn't been to archos.ca , as I live in California, and the Archos is shipping from Colorado. Or says the UPS shipping info.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:23 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Oh ok cool thanks for the info guys.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hey all, just received my 43 today delivered UPS. Ordered on 1/11.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:19 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I ordered my 43 from Amazon on Dec 15th. This is what I got in the email today:

Important Messages
We thought you should know that there's a delay with the item(s) listed below. You'll need to approve this delay so that we can continue processing this part of your order. We apologize for any inconvenience.

To see all the items in this order, to cancel an item, or to make any changes to unshipped items, view your Order Summary

Order Placed: December 15, 2010
Delayed items--your approval required
Items Ordered Approve
Archos 43 - 16 GB Internet Tablet (Black)
Your approval required by: February 13, 2011

We will still try to dispatch the above item(s) by the approval required by date(s). If this is not possible, and we have not received your approval for the delay by the date(s) listed above, we will cancel this part of your order.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.... Acrhos!!! Is anyone doing their jobs? :evil:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 9 Next