Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:42 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: "Switch to tv" problems
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have had nothing but trouble with the "switch to tv" option on my archos 43. I'd plug in the mini hdmi to the unit & the tv, select "switch to tv" & the tv would show "settings have been changed- keep this setting? accept or cancel" but I had no cursor with which to select accept. Or, if I had a cursor, i couldn't control it. Also, the unit didn't show the screen it shows in the user manual that should show up when it's connected to the tv. Recently, I contacted tech support about it, & they told me to reinstall the firmware. I did that & other things, nothing worked, so they sent me a new one. Same exact issue with the new one. Tech support said reset the android, then reinstall the firmware. Neither worked, & once I reinstalled the firmware, the camera stopped working & the 3rd party apps that install the first time the unit powers up wouldn't install. Tech support says they can send me yet another new unit, but I don't know if it's worth it- if I get a new one & it happens again, does anyoneo know if there's any way to fix the "switch to tv" option troubles?

I'm really debating should I exchange this thing & get what would be my 4th archos 43 (1st- card slot broke on the first day, 2nd switch to tv wouldn't work, 3rd is the one mentioned above). Is it worth it or should I contact customer service & see if I can get my money back & get something else.. I am so disappointed in this tablet! It has all the features I want, yet I can't get them all to work! Any input anyone??

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:20 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have same problem with my Archos 43 Tablet, and try to connect a Bluetooth mouse (type Genius MT900BT) to have a cursor. But I can't connect with this mouse (On my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1) there is no problem.
You try other things already ?
I like to use my samsung Tab as remote control for the Archos 43 :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

dbonne wrote:
I have same problem with my Archos 43 Tablet, and try to connect a Bluetooth mouse (type Genius MT900BT) to have a cursor. But I can't connect with this mouse (On my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1) there is no problem.
You try other things already ?
I like to use my samsung Tab as remote control for the Archos 43 :roll:

I never thought of connecting a bluetooth mouse! Good idea!

All I've ever tried was contacting tech support, to which they suggested updating then reinstalling the firmware, which only made things worse! Today, I received tablet #4 & so far, it works with the tv! I guess 4th time is a charm?? I'm not updating the firmware though.. not unless there is some way to set it back to the previous version.