Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:49 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:45 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I lucked into the Archos 32. I was at a computer flea market in Dallas and was looking for a Mp3 player, and a guy had a used Archos 32 that he sold for $25. I honestly don't know why it was sold for so little.

The Archos 32 was the first Android device I would pick up and I was hooked since the Archos 32 can handle wifi, Bluetooth devices, and has a A/V out option. No SD card slot but has option for external drive (something I have yet to get working). Not a official supported device by Google, but still able to find programs, just a bit hard to do at times.

So later on I would get the Premium 8, which aside from book reading is a slow piece of junk with no bluetooth support.

Inspired by the size of the Archos 32 I would get while overseas the Samsung GT-S5300 otherwise known as the "Galaxy Pocket". This device was very responsive, though most Bluetooth devices aside from a headset don't seem to work. Internet and Radio work great.

No A/V out since the Archos 32.

So this is my experience since the Archos 32. Seems most devices offer this, but not that.

I would like to get a Android phone that can do all the Archos 32 could do...

1) A/V Out *
2) Bluetooth
3) Wifi

And some things the Archos 32 did not do...

4) FM Tuning
5) Supported Device
6) Be a phone.

And all in the relative size of the Archos 32.

Is this too much to ask? Has anyone heard of a device that matches the above?

--------------------
* One phone I think about is the "Galaxy Beam". If there was a device that projected a screen, and had the bluetooth support and the rest, I would be sold on that. Alas, there does no seem to be people like me that has the interest in turning a small pocket sized device that can be turned into a fully function computer by quick projection keyboards and screen.