Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:18 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:21 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

So what do you like about the Archos 32?

I like how it is solid for one. I have a Nextbook, a 7" Android tablet and while I am able to read books on it, the rest of the tablet is very flakey. I have been using my Archos 32 more and more over time again since the other tablet has so many flaws.

I also like how the Archos 32 is so portable that most of the time I forget it is in my pocket. That makes it where I can take the tablet anywhere, and take the tablet out whenever I need it.

The video playback is amazing. No drag. I am amazed by that more and more.

And after all the things it is good at, it is also a good Mp3 player, which is, ironically, what it was for to start with. :P

So what do you like about the Archos 32 ?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:21 pm 

I kicked myself when the 32 came out just after I bought the archos vision 3cam (no wifi, jerky video, but cheap). If I had the archos 32, I would probably join spotify because it would give compact access to their incredible library of songs (pandora has nothing like it). I can run spotify free on a laptop, but they only offer a brief free period on mobile... the pay verson not worth it to me on something larger than 32.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:14 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Spotify eh? How does that work? Is it like a library of music that is more compressed, or just a place to stream music?

It is suggestions like this that I'm looking for.

archos vision 3cam? What are the strong points of that one?

You mentioned the no wifi aspect of the 3cam. I have to admit, when I got the 8" Nextbook, there were some thing that it did not have (aside from a larger screen) that really made me appreciate the Archos 32:
1) Played Angry Birds very smoothly
2) Archos 32 has bluetooth
3) Archos 32 can charge using the USB cable, not having to use a crazy strange power adaptor.

So having wifi and bluetooth in such a little tablet was nice nice!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:49 am 

Spotify streams the exact albums or songs you want in lucious quality... they have even obscure ones. You can get the app and get a free 24 mobile hours with your facebook login. Or free forever on pc i guess.

A3cam is quite cheap and unlike gen 8 or 9, it has fm radio, back camera, and includes ape decoding. But lack of wifi knocks out spotify. Bad voice synch on videos too. The a32 shares chips of its bigger brothers, so is more capable.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:49 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

viking wrote:
Spotify streams the exact albums or songs you want in lucious quality... they have even obscure ones. You can get the app and get a free 24 mobile hours with your facebook login. Or free forever on pc i guess.

Sounds pretty good. Where I am (deployment) I would not have a regular wifi source, so that would not work as well. But it does give an interesting option. Thanks for letting me know about this.

viking wrote:
A3cam is quite cheap and unlike gen 8 or 9, it has fm radio, back camera, and includes ape decoding. But lack of wifi knocks out spotify. Bad voice synch on videos too. The a32 shares chips of its bigger brothers, so is more capable.

My eyes perked up a bit on the FM receiver part. Does it include the ability to record FM signals, and how good is the reception?

Why the bad voice synch? Is the audio just not able processor wise to keep up the video (or the other way around)? How big is the screen on this device?