Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:49 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:55 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Dear Archos lovers,

I saw the A32 in the stores just the other day and I didn't know Archos has risen to these hights already! What a beautiful little machine and with a powerful OS like Android. The Archos site even says it's dual bootable w/ Linux (a custom version but non the less: Linux!). All the more reason to dig into my wallet for an A32 (even though it's financial crisis now, ha ha).

But one of the most important thing a gadget must have for me is a Schedule. I now use Google Calendar for that. Can the A32 run an application (from the h4cked androidapps site perhaps?) that supports Google Calendar? Since the Archos 32 is not an 3G device (i.e. constantly on-line) it would have to be an app that either:

• Imports and exports ical (*.ics) files (ical is the format that GCalendar uses).
  • Synchronises w/ Google Calendar when you're at home using wireless internet.

I read that the app Jorte is a nice Calendar app that should be able to use GCalendar (supporting synchronizing). But I see only one post here of a user that installed Jorte on an A32 and he cannot synchronize, nor import his appointments...

Can the A32 be used as a proper GCal device?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:38 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Same question here: looking for a calendar app syncing with the google calendar.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:46 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

The jort application works well with the 32. I have been using it for the last year. It synchs as it should via wifi. In addition it has a number of well designed widgets. Hope this helps.