Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:44 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Archos 32 glass cracked
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:11 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I cracked the glass on my otherwise perfect working Archos 32. Is there any hope for repair? I just sent an email to the Archos tech support this evening, but was wondering if others have had this experience

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:58 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

No, but I have read a post or two somewhere about Archos 43 screens cracking for no apparent reason. Not many, and not enought to draw any conclusions. In your mind, was your screen impinged upon sufficiently to explain the cracking?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:15 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Same here I don't know how it happened but my screen is cracked nevertheless the unit is working good but touch screen is unresponsive. I'm planning to try to use it as a computer by plugging a keyboard and a mouse and maybe the av cable to a tv so I would not need to use the touch screen. Is there going to be an interaction with the touch screen before I can start to use the keyboard/mouse or the system automatically switch upon detection ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:47 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Archos warranty doesnt cover damage to the glass screen. They will repair the unit for a fee. I figured it would cost too much to repair so I'm just going to order the Archos 43 when it becomes available. I loved my 32 after the 2.2 upgrade, and miss being able to take photos to upload to facebook.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:09 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

:| Our Archos 43 screen just cracked for no apparent reason. My husband was just playing the air traffic game and the screen cracked and is shattering more. We are really disappointed as we were enjoying it, but only had it for 4 months. He wasn't rough with it at all, and took such good care of it. If it is going to cost $150 to get fixed, it isn't worth it, but does anyone know if there are any other options or ways to go about fixing this? We really don't want to have to buy another, as we just got this one. When I plug it into the computer now as well, I also can't get any information/data from the archos. I thought I would try to save some of the data. Any suggestions. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:28 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Do you mean that the device is not doing anything or is the touch screen just broken? If it's the second thing, try the following:

http://www.archos.com/manuals/A43_EN_v1 ... 1294043976