Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:51 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Need WiFi scan help!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:08 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I am having problems suddenly with my 32 not connecting to wifi .. I am seeing it find my home network, but it then says disconnected?! My laptop works fine, so not the router. Also, I had changed the scan time to 10 seconds from 30 and now want to change that back, but can't find where that screen is now!!!! :? I believe that was a feature of Scan Buddy which I have lost along with all my other apps when I accidently hit the reset in trying to get the wifi fixed! Can someone PLEASE guide me a bit and give some suggestions? Not great at this stuff and get fustrated in all the time it takes.

update: I did a full reinitialiation as I had lost all my apps anyway, and got the wifi to work, but the applib is now gone from the device?!.. it's nowhere. Oh well, I will reinstall google market anyway, but what a pain. Why is this thing so glitzy???

Post subject: Re: Need WiFi scan help!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:49 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I could be wrong but you might have saved yourself a lot of work by simply "forgetting" the network then re-connecting to it. On one occasion I had this happen and it was that simple to get going again. You can re-load appslib (BTDT) and make sure you load up appmonster or ESFileExplorer (I use both) so you can back up all your apps. Just copy them to a safe place for reuse in an emergency. Unfortunately you will need to start from scratch but as they say "Practice makes perfect"