Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:23 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:45 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hey guys; I'm semi-new but have done quite a fair-share of research so far. Basically, most of what I'm seeing is that Rooting *may* solve my problems (overclocking and whatnot) but I haven't tried it and am nervous to do so in case I actually f*ck this beautiful device up. I recently brought an Archos 70 Internet Tablet 250gb, I'm running latest firmware, and don't have too many apps installed. I constantly clean up my ram/memory usage with "Clean Master" and stop all running apps by using the "System Monitor". I just don't understand why it runs so slow/is so laggy, no matter what I do. I use Dolphin Mini if I ever (rarely) surf the web since it takes forever to do that lol, and was ok with just using it for music/movies but even that makes it choppy/laggy/crash occasionally/freeze up. I use Winamp and MX player. I also have arctools/Google Play. Have you guys found any great or permanent solutions? *ANY* help will be greatly appreciated, I will even pay if someone truly helps me out with this problem via PayPal.

P.s. Don't get me wrong, I love this thing. I was so excited to hold it in my hands...I just don't want it to become a paperweight ;/
250gb is AMAZING!!! I truly wish to save it, I think it can be a true Ipad killer in the right hands.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:06 pm 

It's very simple memory issue, and I put a 'one remedy' stickey topic here (above yours) about it. The terminology in it is not always correct, but you have to ruthlessly move apps to another part of memory and delete many. There are rooting solutions I haven't tried also documented here.

You can back up your apps, then try deleting all but a very few. This should prove to you that the device will still really run fast. Modern apps have bloated to swamp its memory space, but you can push parts of them into other parts of memory from within settings app. Once you have less than 60mb or so free system memory (an app space partition) I find that the speed will go into death spiral.

My a70 works really well in apps lite mode. I should shut off auto app update because it brings more bloat and slows or stops everything.