Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:16 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:04 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi Folks, I've just started getting this on every video I try to play with the YT app. It's been fine for months, suddenly today it won't work.

Anyone know if there's been a 'change' somewhere or anyone got the same issue? I've reinstalled the app, rebooted, cleared the cache, killed everything else, but it still won't work.

Thanks for any suggestions.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:44 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

I checked and found the same thing, the youtube app from AppsLib is now useless. Luckily the official youtube app from Google Play works fine.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:33 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have an archos 70 and also am unable to access the Youtube app. I get the same message - Cannot play this video at this time - everytime. This has only just happened. I have cleared the cache and tried to reinstall the app. The tablet wont let me uninstall (or I don't know how to do this) and reinstallation fails each time. Help please?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:36 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

.. Also tried reinstallation of android and reinstalling facebook app. Facebook app installation from Google play failed.

Still no joy. Youtube runs on browser but is out of synch. :?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:47 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Same here. Found over the last week the youtube app wasn't playing videos anymore.
But the official youtube app from Google Play was just fine.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:41 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Saw your post rjrwpg but when I download the app it won't install. Tried from both Googole Play and from Marketplace. :doubt:

Now thinking it has something to do with the firmware update and issue surrounding the splitting of the mp4 audio and video streams??

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:49 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

YouTube stopped working on my archos 70b IT (froyo) too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:41 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

try downloading tubemate, it will play youtube videos and also alow you to download/save them and watch them later. It's not in the market, just google tubemate. If I can do it, it's got to be easy!

marcel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:11 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have had the same problem whith yt. So I stoped using the yt app that came with my archos 70. And I downloaded the yt app from google play. So, how do I uninstall the yt app that cane with my archos 70? Thanks ahead!!! 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:20 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Artales wrote:
Thanks for any suggestions.

I found that the update from Flash 10.x to Google Market's Flash 11 really screwed up my 70IT.

My YT app continued to work, but video from within the browser did not. Could no longer see videos on ColbertNation. Could no longer view bookmarked movies on YT from within the stock browser. Got these same "Sorry!" messages.

I uninstalled Flash 11, reinstalled a preserved .apk (10.x.x, probably from a forum posting here) and almost all was well again.

Then, the Daily Show Headlines app broke after upgrading from version 1.0 to 1.0.1 Looking at the Google market reviews, this seems to be happening on some Samsungs and Droids, also.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:50 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

thanks to the experts...

after uninstalling the latest Flash player that i installed... and additionally after installing the latest youtube from the google play... :)

I was able to play the videos in my A43.. both HD and NON HD where good.. love it.. :p :D :)

but still there is a big time delay in playing may b the net is slow.. dont know.. have to check it... :roll:

and one more thing the inbuilt youtube from A43 is not playing the videos still... :doubt: :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:41 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I've tried various combinations of uninstalling flash, uninstalling youtube. reinstalling etc. but to no avail.

Youtube doesn't appear in Applib. The only way I can install it is via arctools.
If I install it via arctools and then go into play market to see if there is an update it says "this version is incompatible with your device"

If I try and play any videos I get the "sorry this video cannot be played" message.
That is on my Archos 101 which I have done a factory reset, upgrade firmware, install arctools, install flash player but to no avail.
My dad's Archos 70 has the same problem and that just has latest flash + youtube.

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:33 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have found a solution for the youTube video issue. There are two steps fixed my issue

1) Go in to settings\Repair & Formatting, press on reset media storage Note: this will delete all the files pictures, music, video files stored on the device.

2) Go back to settings\Manage Applications press on the tab all scroll down to youTube app and press on it. Press on clear cash or clear data. After this reboot the device. Then it should work.

I hope this will help with your youTube app also as it did with mine.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:35 pm 

My youtube stopped working... the one with the all red icon. I deleted it and recovered a lot of appspace which made a world of difference in overall speed of my a70. Then I noticed the old youtube (whiteish icon) was still there, and worked! Gotta watch what google updates us with, since we weren't exactly a google approved device.