Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:09 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:31 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi there, thanks for wanting to help.

Until a few minutes ago I didnÔÇÖt realize that there was a new G9 model and foolishly I tried to upgrade my Archos 101 G8 with the wrong firmware version 3.2.79. Towards the end there was a message ÔÇ£This update is for another kind of devise (207)ÔÇØ

Now IÔÇÖm in a loop (stuck) in a white recovery screen:

"Archos A101IT Recovery"

*Would you like to recover your system?
*No
*Reboot
*Update Firmware
*Repair System
*Format System

It doesnÔÇÖt matter which option I try to work through I canÔÇÖt get far anywhere.
For example in Format System it will get busy with formatting but in the end it will only give the option to: USB Connection : press OK to disconnect

IÔÇÖve tried to reset the system by holding down the power button for 10 seconds. It turns off all right but when powering on it will boot again into "Archos A101IT Recovery"

Is there a way to set the system back?

Thanks guys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:01 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Chrischriski wrote:
Hi there, thanks for wanting to help.

Until a few minutes ago I didnÔÇÖt realize that there was a new G9 model and foolishly I tried to upgrade my Archos 101 G8 with the wrong firmware version 3.2.79. Towards the end there was a message ÔÇ£This update is for another kind of devise (207)ÔÇØ

Now IÔÇÖm in a loop (stuck) in a white recovery screen:

"Archos A101IT Recovery"

*Would you like to recover your system?
*No
*Reboot
*Update Firmware
*Repair System
*Format System

It doesnÔÇÖt matter which option I try to work through I canÔÇÖt get far anywhere.
For example in Format System it will get busy with formatting but in the end it will only give the option to: USB Connection : press OK to disconnect

IÔÇÖve tried to reset the system by holding down the power button for 10 seconds. It turns off all right but when powering on it will boot again into "Archos A101IT Recovery"

Is there a way to set the system back?

Thanks guys

"the option to: USB Connection : press OK to disconnect "

At this point connect your Archos to your PC and copy over from the PC to the Archos the latest (correct) FW. Then, and only then, press the Ok button.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:12 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thank you for the straight forward instructions, unfortunately the system is still stuck

when reaching the prompt: "the option to: USB Connection : press OK to disconnect "
IÔÇÖve tried as per suggestion: At this point connect your Archos to your PC and copy over from the PC to the Archos the latest (correct) FW. Then, and only then, press the Ok button.
Update failed: (1)

Also tried to disconnect again before pressing OK:
"the option to: USB Connection : press OK to disconnect "
At this point connect your Archos to your PC and copy over from the PC to the Archos the latest (correct) FW,
I have then disconnected the Archos from the PC before pressing the OK button.
Same failure message, Update failed: (1)

Any more good ideas, please
Chris

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:29 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

So, you format your device successfully, and when you reach the "ok" screen you do as I said, but you get an Update failed message? All I can suggest is to re-download the FW, making sure it's the correct one,and the file is not corrupt

Also, on the PC, make sure the FW filename is correct, and that it ends in. aos, not. zip or anything else.

Oh, by the way you didn't if you saw on the screen a message about connecting a power lead before installing a FW?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:53 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi Jamie 41,
You are good, thank you for persevering with me.
The problem was the file name. Windows had marked the file: firmware_archos_android_gen8 (1).aos.
After removing the (1) from the file name the update went well. Thank you very much.

So now the Archos is running FW version 2.4.82 a fair step up from 2.1.8 and I had hoped for WiFi improvements but that didnÔÇÖt happen; still weak and very slow. I know itÔÇÖs up to me now to read through the forum and see if other users reported on WiFi weakness and if there are solutions.

Once again, thank you for helping me to complete the FW upgrade challenge.
Chris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:40 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Chrischriski wrote:
Hi Jamie 41,
You are good, thank you for persevering with me.
The problem was the file name. Windows had marked the file: firmware_archos_android_gen8 (1).aos.
After removing the (1) from the file name the update went well. Thank you very much.

So now the Archos is running FW version 2.4.82 a fair step up from 2.1.8 and I had hoped for WiFi improvements but that didnÔÇÖt happen; still weak and very slow. I know itÔÇÖs up to me now to read through the forum and see if other users reported on WiFi weakness and if there are solutions.

Once again, thank you for helping me to complete the FW upgrade challenge.
Chris

Chris, You may have a problem with your wireless router. I hahave a 70it that would not stream anything without constantly rebuffering or losing connection. I finally called my internet provider & got a new modem/router. The old one was over 4 years old. Now with this Actiontec, I have a good to string signal & everything works great! Just a thought.

Jim

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:17 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi i have same problemmy archos 101 internet tablet is stuck in recovery mode but i dont no how to put the new firmware onto the tablet can sone one please help ??