Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:15 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:31 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

OK so I have 101 with 2.2 and is there actually any way to switch between apps faster then going "home" and clicking on that app icon on desktop ?
Just tried some task manager which sticked to the notification bar but it slowed down the whole thing when was in background (and it has to be to be usable)

Another thing is playing youtube videos (music) in the background - I cannot play the video from the facebook app, have to open it in browser but then when going "home" the video stops playing
and the google's youtube apps do not seem to offer any sort of link association like the browser does - too bad

frankly the resolution of the videos there is also poor despite HQ setting - is there a higher resolution app optimized for tablets, not phones ? (I'm expecting 480-720p, assuming the latter should work fine within an app as within browser it seems it cannot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:38 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

You can hold down the home button to see and switch to recently opened apps.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:54 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks for that, it makes things easier

what about youtube then :D ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:19 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I think it makes perfect sense for a video to stop playing when it goes into the background - I,m sure that's by design - if you know it's going into the background, why wouldn't you just hit the pause button, it should still carry on buffering and be ready to play when you bring it into the foreground

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:12 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

omg people often are so far from understanding each other ;)
when you play music videos then u sometimes just want to listen to it and do something else too!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:11 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

These gen8 tablets do not have the guts to support what you want to do. You can't "minimize" a video and keep it playing like on your desktop computer.

I'd suggest you try out Pandora or TuneIn as music apps that might work better in the background, but even with they might be closed if you're doing other things like web browsing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:16 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

yeah perhaps you guys are right - not the concept nor the guts to play video sound in the background ;)

but higher resolution of youtube videos should be possible, but the google app does not offer this - do you know any better one ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Actually 2 years later and I found the app that DOES play youtube sound in background :D
it's called "FREEdi YT player" and it's not perfect but it's also the only app I found that plays youtube videos now on this 101 gen8 tablet.

The other apps show "can't play this video" etc error messages in most cases- both youtube app installed from acrtools and also the official youtube app

What does work for you with youtube ?