Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:08 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 732 Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:33 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

My Archos 70S was plugged into speakers and AC power, the screen was off and I was listening to music on it. I then unplugged the speakers and then AC adapter, then went to turn on the screen and the device rebooted itself and got stuck in a reboot loop. I had to hold power button for 10 seconds to get it to power off and then boot again, working fine now, haven't been able to recreate issue since though.

EDIT: OK I just had it plugged into the speakers now (no AC adapter), started music player and started listening to music. Pushed the power button to turn of the screen, music was still playing. while music was playing and screen off, I unplugged the speaker cable, I pushed the power button to turn on the screen and nothing happened this time. I tried a few more times and nothing, no LED power light either. Had to hold power button for 10 seconds until I seen the power LED blink. Then I pushed power button again and it turned on now. I used to have no problem doing this before the update (never tried on 2.3.20 firmware, so it might have started in that one, not sure)

EDIT2: OK, I was just listening to music now (plugged into speakers and no AC adapter) and after a song finished, I did not here another song start to play. So I went to select the next song and my device was in a boot loop again. Had to do a hard shutdown and power back on.

EDIT3: I had my device powered on just sitting at the home screen while I was typing, No music playing (I did not even start any apps). I looked over and my device was in a boot loop again. It was plugged into the speakers. I powered off the device, unplugged the speakers (So nothing is plugged into it except the micro SD card) and powered it on again, let it sit for a couple minutes without touching it and then it started the boot loop again.
I seen people had trouble with Deep Sleep in this forum, I checked and did have Deep Sleep enabled in Power Management, I disabled it and let my device set again. Still getting boot loops.
Guess I'll be booting back into UrukDroid for the time being. Bummer, this is the first firmware I had a major issue with :(

Last edited by MarcusMarcus on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:47 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

It looks like this upgrade broke Thumb Keyboard as the keyboard doesnt change after selecting it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:50 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

For everyone who is rebooting and still having problems, I find power off/wait a few seconds/power on works much better.
I think just a reboot doesn't clear out the memory completely.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:10 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

dougeeebear wrote:
For everyone who is rebooting and still having problems, I find power off/wait a few seconds/power on works much better.
I think just a reboot doesn't clear out the memory completely.

I've tried that, not working any better for me, thanks for the suggestion though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:17 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi, I got error code 207, saying that the firmware is not for this device. :cry:
my Archos model is 101, android version 2.1.8 (Android 2.2.1)

Help please

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi, I got error code 207, saying that the firmware is not for this device. :cry:
my Archos model is 101, android version 2.1.8 (Android 2.2.1)

Help please

solved!, just re-downloaded the file again

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:33 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

kide wrote:
fbott wrote:
downlinx wrote:
is the battery drain fixed?

Battery is back to reporting 100% after full charge. Haven't worked with it enough to notice if the battery is lasting longer or not.
Used my 101 for about 45 mins this morning and battery went from 100% to 97%. About normal for me so far.

Still charges to 95-97% on my Archos 70.
Charging to only 97% when the power LED was blinking only happened to me ONCE under 2.3.20. i.e. about the 2 or 3 other times that I charged it read 100% when it was done but I left the A43 on the charger longer those times because I forgot about it for a bit...

Waiting for my A43 to charge up ATM. Just did the OTA update to 2.3.26 and debating whether or not to try it on the A32...

ArchosAngel wrote:
Come on Archos,

This is something that has not been fixed in the last 3 Firmware versions.

For those that do not know about this, if the screen brightness is fixed to a level of less than approx 14% (often done at night to save battery power and reduce screen brightness), when you push the power button (short press) to wake from normal or deep sleep, often it will not wake properly. You may have to push the power button up to 10 times or more before it powers up properly to the Password Unlock login screen (when enabled).

While the problem is easily worked-around by keeping the manual brightness > 15%, when Archos IT Tablet owners first discover this it looks like a potential hardware problem, and creates a very bad impression - until they are able to find reference in this forum to the problem and how to work around it. This can take a while, or worse still, the owner may not find this reference here at all, in which case they will likely think they have a faulty tablet, or that the tablet is lower quality than it actually is.

Thanks though for releasing the last two firmware updates Archos, this is appreciated. It is good to see the firmware updates coming again.
I believe that it was decided in the 2.3.20 thread that it only applies to a particular model, the A101 IIRC (or was it the A70?) as it wasn't happening to anyone else and I usually have my brightness at the very lowest possible settings on my A43 & A32 and have NEVER had this problem with waking from sleep.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:23 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I'm seeing the slow screen rotation issue as well and I'm pretty sure that with each FW release it has gotten slower. It's DOG slow now...

All else so far seems good, though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:44 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

...taking FOREVER to charge up... started @ 51% when I did the update about 1h 45m ago, and is now still only 80 some % charged...

(I'm using my Nook Color 5V 1A charger... odd thing is that this time it popped up and asked me about charge only or mount whereas on 2.1.08 and 2.3.20 it's NEVER ask me that when using the charger, but ONLY IF I connected it to my nb to charge...)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:13 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have 70it.
when i was using firmware 2.1.8, I am able to play the vob (1gb size) file with both subtitle option AND sound track options. However, after upgraded to 2.3.x, 70it either play the vob with subtitle option but voiceless (completely mute). Or it only play vob with 1st soundtrack but NO subtitle option.

Please fix this?

Can the player play the complete dvd files like a dvd player? So it reads the dvd ifo files?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:14 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Upgraded to 2.3.26 last night. No problems.

Battery charges to 100% now on my A101. Drains slowly as it did prior to 2.3.2.

Flash still runs fine(no browser crashes), but I feel like it ran smoother/faster in 2.3.2. Maybe it's me.

I cant run a couple of Pixelbite games such as Reckless Racing and Racing Thunder 2. Not sure if its firmware related, anyone else have issues?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:18 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Quote:
ms07.guf wrote: Hello NZ Please could you tell me if with new FW is now possible: 1) put user-name and password autentication on proxy. I can't use my ARCHOS in office because Wi-fi need a) wi-fi autentication and b) proxy autentication.

I still see no option to enter proxy authentication user name and password. Archos Staff: where do we enter this?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:30 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Can anyone confirm that Thumb Keyboard stops working in 2.3.26? Thanks :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

7thSeal wrote:
strangert wrote:
The biggest and most annoying "bug" for me so far is that a lot of aps on market doesn't show anymore.
And yes i have tried the standard guide.

Anyone have a fix for this!?

This has nothing to do with archos, they don't offer market

I am aware of this.
however it might be a good thing to know that you will loose the ability to find and install for example adwLauncher, Zeam Launcher and a bunch of other applications from Market after this update.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:36 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Showing 98% charge when LED blinking, but I won't call this yet as it also happened once under 2.3.20 but subsequent charges all showed 100%... now to run down the batt...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:37 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

archonoid wrote:

Thumb Keyboard works fine on my device :)
(101)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:40 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm wondering, why I still have no option to OTA upgrade?
I have 2.1.8 and my Archos 101 says "Your product is up to date".

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:40 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

strangert wrote:
archonoid wrote:

Thumb Keyboard works fine on my device :)
(101)

Thank you strangert!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:46 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

strangert wrote:
7thSeal wrote:
strangert wrote:
The biggest and most annoying "bug" for me so far is that a lot of aps on market doesn't show anymore.

This has nothing to do with archos, they don't offer market

I am aware of this.
however it might be a good thing to know that you will loose the ability to find and install for example adwLauncher, Zeam Launcher and a bunch of other applications from Market after this update.

This was not an issue introduced in the new firmware. The market fix stopped working a few weeks ago. Something Google did I'm sure. I noticed I did not get updates for one of my launchers I had on mine and I checked in the market and was not able to find it, checked other launchers and copilot and could not pull up any on my Archos. Did fix a few times and still did not work. This was back on 2.1.8 firmware.
Check this out: http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=50779&p

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:58 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

MarcusMarcus wrote:
strangert wrote:
strangert wrote:

I am aware of this.

This was not an issue introduced in the new firmware. The market fix stopped working a few weeks ago. Something Google did I'm sure. I noticed I did not get updates for one of my launchers I had on mine and I checked in the market and was not able to find it, checked other launchers and copilot and could not pull up any on my Archos. Did fix a few times and still did not work. This was back on 2.1.8 firmware.
Check this out: http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=50779&p

Do you guys just reset your Archos completely after each update? like completely wipe it? because I never reset my archos after any updates (if it isn't broke, don't fix it) so I'm just wondering how you guys found out about the market fix failure. So I'm guessing I won't be resetting my Archos anytime soon...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 732 Next