Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:46 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 532 Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:09 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Changed nothing for me... 3G tethering settings crashes when trying to select Bluetooth mode...

A43IT

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:30 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

This is stupid - my tablet's touch screen is almost blooming useless as of 2.3.20. I can barely select anything.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:37 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I have noticed the very slow screen rotation, as well. I didn't think much about it because I rarely rotate the screen, but it is dog slow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:23 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Ate_Bit wrote:
I have noticed the very slow screen rotation, as well. I didn't think much about it because I rarely rotate the screen, but it is dog slow

glad i am not the only one.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:41 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I do not understand the harping over Archos not releasing a tweaked Flash module yet. I use my 101 for everything and Adobe Flash version 10.2 from the market works GREAT, especially when Power Management is set to Overdrive. Am I missing something?? I really do not expect them to deliver their own version at this point as I see no value in it. Maybe just because it was mentioned when Archos originally introduced gen8? Well at that point there wasn't a Android based flash module as stable or as enhanced as the one currently available directly from the Market, so there was a genuine need. Not so much now IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:46 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I don't understand either. The new flash player 10.2 at the market works great for me too. I guess some people just like to find somethings to complain. Once Archos releases its own flash player and it doesn't fulfill their expectations, then they will complain more.

Post subject: Re: new firmware 2.3.26
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:49 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

georgi wrote:
nz wrote:

What about the Bulgarian subs in the video player? Are they fixed ? With 2.3.20 I need to select Russion in order to display Bulgarian subtitles correctly. Otherwise I see symbols :)

there is no problem with RoskPlayer - i'd suggest to use it

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:51 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

racky wrote:
I don't understand either. The new flash player 10.2 at the market works great for me too. I guess some people just like to find somethings to complain. Once Archos releases its own flash player and it doesn't fulfill their expectations, then they will complain more.

I think I read somewhere on this forum that when the optimized Flash gets here it is actually going to be a change to the firmware on the Archos, but it will still use the flash from the market....

Acer A100

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:15 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Battery drain - with minimal imperical testing - seems to be back to about 2.1.08 levels.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:35 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Thanks for testing rscheller. I am waiting for a few others who like to test these things before I decide to make the jump, being too cautious to do it myself :) . Its not easy to go back, and I am still patiently on 2.1.08 without a true need to make the jump. I would love to try out that remote feature though...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:59 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

archonoid wrote:
Thanks for testing rscheller. I am waiting for a few others who like to test these things before I decide to make the jump, being too cautious to do it myself :) . Its not easy to go back, and I am still patiently on 2.1.08 without a true need to make the jump. I would love to try out that remote feature though...

The new remote feature is what made me make the jump. It is a great feature.

Now that Archos has addressed the failures in 2.3.20 with 2.3.26, it's all good - for me - and I'm not looking back.

Have I said the 2.3.xx UI is so much smoother and faster than 2.1.08 was? Well it is.

Thanks Archos =D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:23 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Thanks Archos. Well done!!!

We really really appreciate this!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:04 pm 

miketheman wrote:
Also it isn't on the Apps lib - I got it from a .APK on the net

What we really need is what archos promised and continues to promise - fully supported Flash that doesn't need you to click on a little flash icon to enable each time.

Flash 10.2 is on marketplace. If you mean the icon on browser, that has nothing to do with flash development. Just set the browser option to auto play plugins without waiting for consent. In fact review other settings of browser etc for goofy defaults - that is an eternal part of software writer culture to pick dumb defaults, which you will want to override. BTW, flash approval is said to be in Adobe's hands, not Archos.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:15 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

This update was brutal!

Did an OTA update like usual. After the update downloaded, it asked if I wanted to install it. I hit yes and the device rebooted - only it didn't... I had to hold the power button for 10 seconds and turn the device back on. It did the firmware update and then it got stuck on the Archos screen for over 5 minutes. Rebooted again and it seemed fine.

My rotation got all messed up so in portrait mode I would get the soft buttons on the SIDE of the screen and only filling half the height of the device. Rebooted again... got the media scan message and waited over 15 minutes for it to finish, then I was unable to run programs that were app2sd... rebooted again... things "seem" ok now, but I'm so frustrated at this point that I'll likely not use this device for the rest of the day. If more problems come up, I'll report again.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:37 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Sorry to hear that WMTOANDROID. My history of updates have been relatively painless but I've always used the sideload method. Just sayin ;)

WMTOANDROID wrote:
This update was brutal!

Did an OTA update like usual. After the update downloaded, it asked if I wanted to install it. I hit yes and the device rebooted - only it didn't... I had to hold the power button for 10 seconds and turn the device back on. It did the firmware update and then it got stuck on the Archos screen for over 5 minutes. Rebooted again and it seemed fine.

My rotation got all messed up so in portrait mode I would get the soft buttons on the SIDE of the screen and only filling half the height of the device. Rebooted again... got the media scan message and waited over 15 minutes for it to finish, then I was unable to run programs that were app2sd... rebooted again... things "seem" ok now, but I'm so frustrated at this point that I'll likely not use this device for the rest of the day. If more problems come up, I'll report again.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:39 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

I've done all my updates via wifi and there haven't been problems before. Bad luck with this one I guess :badgrin:

rscheller wrote:
Sorry to hear that WMTOANDROID. My history of updates have been relatively painless but I've always used the sideload method. Just sayin ;)

WMTOANDROID wrote:
This update was brutal!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:03 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Can anyone check out if the Archangel root app works? 2.30 broke it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:22 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have my soft buttons resized and in the notification bar on 2.1.08. Will I lose this if I upgrade? I assume so since I needed root to set up (temp via archangel). That's the only thing keeping me from upgrading.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:14 am 

bsoplinger wrote:
Can anyone check out if the Archangel root app works? 2.30 broke it.

I can't say anything about Archangel, but if you have the SDE installed, follow the root here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=930197

This is the easiest root I've seen, and it gives you full RW on the system (if you use the RW root method). All you have to do, after it's installed is boot into developer edition each time you power on (I never turn mine off, so that doesn't happen often for me).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:26 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

My 101 got stuck on boot screen during install. Had to do forced boot then it came up. Immediately locked up when screen timedout. Keyboard seems very laggy compared with previous version.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 532 Next